jon's v2 the second last yella story

jond

Zen MBB Master
v_opt.jpg i remember watching the abc (australian broadcasting commission) New Inventors program and seeing john tolhurst demonstrating his bike to the judges.

hmm "interesting " i thought and hoped it went well for the aussie i . john took out the show with a surprise to me win. well done strike one up for cycling i thought.

years later riding mtn bikes and road df bikes i got into recumbents after seeing an original greenspeed trike . i am lucky to own two tadpole trikes that i still ride and enjoy.

fate then played her hand when four months ago on the local track i saw an original silvio. i remembered the new inventors show and to view the silvio in the flesh was to sow that seed to fruition. this silvio original was such a beautiful bike. how much sense did it make to ride this way. i must investigate (pun intended) further.

off to the web site and this forum to make a gluttonous pig of myself digesting all the incredibly generous information..... thankyou thankyou.

and i fell for the vendetta hook line and sinker. only 2 left of the v2 or get the v20. i can readily accept the merits of the new design being more versatile for fitting and it is a great looking bike... but i am plagued with an appreciation for aesthetics. for to me the v2 in its yellow livery and big boom was the choice.

now i know what i know i would have been just as happy with a v20 but i love yellow. my catrike 700 is called mellow yellow. dont have a name for the v2 but i think of her as a thoroughbred itching to go and run.

so i somehow sold the v to my wife the idea that i needed seven bikes. i purchased the v2. i built her with sram red brakes, front mech and brifters. xo type 2 rear mech and xx cassette . FSA Klite chainset. accessories courtesy of well known members incorporated pty ltd. thankyou cruzbike forum.

whilst i am still in the learning phase with 2400klm ridden i can say that the vendetta is an incredible machine. wow is she fast. i love riding this bike and it has been a great journey. i am full of wild ideas such is the influence of bike and community.

most important of all is this forum and resource. fantastic giving community for which i am so grateful for the new friends i have made.

a little later i did not notice the removal of the "only 2 left" of the v2 disappearing off the bike pages.

so the question is ?

1.WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LAST V2? WHERE ARE YOU?

2.DO YOU HAVE A NAME FOR YOUR STEED.?

Last edited:

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
1.WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LAST V2? WHERE ARE YOU?

Last we heard there was Qty 1; large chain stay V2 left; perhaps it sold; or perhaps it's still in the warehouse. If the NEW V20's Chain stay (in medium) was compatible with the Vendetta TT, I'd have order it up in a heart beat for Mrs Ratz. Instead she'll probably have to wait until the V20's successor. Not sure we could bring the bike that killed olde yeller into our stable

My Silvio 2.1 - Scout
Mrs Ratz Silvio 2.1 - Whisper
Vendetta - Sortie
Quest - Quickr
Quest - Bad Wolf (Daughter #1)
Quest - Marauder (Daughter #2)
Quest - Wobble (Da Boy, he doesn't get to re-name it until he finishes 400 miles).

jond

Zen MBB Master
ahh ratz you make me laugh. "wobble" and a 400 mile release on naming rights.... cracks me up. got to say i like "scout" "whisper" and "sortie"

i may yet find my steeds illusive name yet.;)

hmm maybe "Dart" but my bike is definitely a lady....... and she is very fast and long distance is her mantra so maybe................ "Maria":D in a thinly veiled homage to the world record breaking cruzbike owning Parker family. The king and queen of cruzbikes but i would have to check if it is cool with the royalty and of course if no-one else has the moniker .:)

now what did the rest of you guys call your steeds???

hamishbarker

I thought you had a vendetta in the stable Mr Ratz. Good to see that N is apparently at least 7 in you part of the world. But would a vendetta make it N+1? :)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I do not - and I'll guess I'll have to ponder that awhile - open to suggetions.
Of course, I've got a yellow V2, and red V2o - guess I'll need to "names".

for Mrs Ratz. Instead she'll probably have to wait until the V20's successor. Not sure we could bring the bike that killed olde yeller into our stable
Ratz, who knows, There may be a day in the not so distant future that I'll let my "un-named" V2 switch garages from mine to yours. Right now, she just lives on the trainer as I have started to ride the V20 now out in the "real world". It probably depends if I pick up an M1 or have an equivalent built strictly for racing under 100 miles and under, as I really doubt that I could talk Mrs. Oz into letting me have 3 recumbents.

image.jpg Vendetta V20. Her name is Sigrditha. Sigr-D for short. She's named after a Valkerie. Her name means "Inciter to Victory". She incites me to victory over hills and victory over the management of my T1 diabetes.

Last edited:

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
?
Nice read Jon.... B U T... Pictures? Please!

I like simple, and hey the name is already on the bikes.

My yellow Vendetta is simply called: Vendetta - I like the name, why change it (my thoughts only), it's the only one in my garage, so my wife or I won't get confused when I say "I'm going to take Vendetta out for a ride today".

My Silvio is simply called: Dr. Silvio, MD.

Yeah, yeah, I know not very creative.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Vendetta V20. Her name is Sigrditha. Sigr-D for short. She's named after a Valkerie. Her name means "Inciter to Victory". She incites me to victory over hills and victory over the management of my T1 diabetes.
Vendetta V20. Her name is Sigrditha. Sigr-D for short. She's named after a Valkerie. Her name means "Inciter to Victory". She incites me to victory over hills and victory over the management of my T1 diabetes.

hi abbot am having a bit of a time pronouncing the full version one so "sigr-d" it is.

sorry rick i posted my avatar a bit bigger from the build phase. taking "vendetta" out for a ride just does not seem right. maybe it should be" vendy " out for a ride in your vwindy conditions. dr silvio is inspired. :)

hmm larry how about "Loquacious the gracious 1 and 2" because every DF rider who sees your bikes gets very chatty and talks a dime a dozen over how fast they have been passed ...once they have closed their shocked gob smacked mouths that is :) .

i have named my v2 "Mission" sub text "no DF shall pass it is impossible."

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ratz, who knows, There may be a day in the not so distant future that I'll let my "un-named" V2 switch garages from mine to yours. Right now, she just lives on the trainer as I have started to ride the V20 now out in the "real world". It probably depends if I pick up an M1 or have an equivalent built strictly for racing under 100 miles and under, as I really doubt that I could talk Mrs. Oz into letting me have 3 recumbents.

Mrs Ratz would be very happy to name your V2. I believe it would be "Mine" from her voice. or maybe "Mrs Dibbs"

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I believe it would be "Mine" from her voice. or maybe "Mrs Dibbs"
Very cute for Mrs. Ratz!

For a name of course it's too wordy - but if we had "bumper stickers", they could say: "I may be a recumbent, but I'm in front of you!"
Right now they are the "yellowV" , and "redV"!

Other name: maybe: Roadrunner 1 & 2, or "Beep-Beep 1 2"
but with names like that, one better be able to "put your power where you "beep-beep" is"!
Better to be on the modest side me thinks!

Still thinking... for the purrrfect name..

jond

Zen MBB Master
Mrs Ratz would be very happy to name your V2. I believe it would be "Mine" from her voice. or maybe "Mrs Dibbs
Very cute for Mrs. Ratz!

For a name of course it's too wordy - but if we had "bumper stickers", they could say: "I may be a recumbent, but I'm in front of you!"
Right now they are the "yellowV" , and "redV"!

Other name: maybe: Roadrunner 1 & 2, or "Beep-Beep 1 2"
but with names like that, one better be able to "put your power where you "beep-beep" is"!
Better to be on the modest side me thinks!

Still thinking... for the purrrfect name..
larry modesty is your middle name and you wear it very well. however there is nothing modest about your recent achievements /your vendettas red or yellow are just spectacularly speedy/ and the way you ride is at a level beyond most . so "roadrunner 1 and 2" sounds pretty "beep beep" spot on to me .

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I am very pleased I bought one of the last v2s. I prefer the yellow and love the chrome. I think the name would have to be Pegasus as she seems to fly along without much effort - even against the wind.

larry modesty is your middle name and you wear it very well. however there is nothing modest about your recent achievements /your vendettas red or yellow are just spectacularly speedy/ and the way you ride is at a level beyond most . so "roadrunner 1 and 2" sounds pretty "beep beep" spot on to me .
B E E P ! B E E P !