Kaboom!

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Oh you guys are killing me with these posts. I crashed Moose this weekend during a 600K and of course bent the front sprocket and uglied up the cranks. Now I'm wondering if its time to try those silly looking Q's and circus cranks. Money, money, money, it only takes money :(. Anyone have a link where you order these components. Preferably the discount links.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I think the vendetta is classed as a High BB?????
I can not see the definition anywhere!

On that calculation I need 145 mm cranks for a high BB, and 150 mm for a medium BB.

My BB is 32 mm about the CL of my hip joint, and 160 mm above the lowest seat part, with a 100 mm stay extension on my Silvio V1.0.
What is my BB status??? High or just Medium?

I currently have a 151 mm FSA Gossamer triple crank from Bike Smith.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Oh you guys are killing me with these posts. I crashed Moose this weekend during a 600K and of course bent the front sprocket and uglied up the cranks. Now I'm wondering if its time to try those silly looking Q's and circus cranks. Money, money, money, it only takes money :(. Anyone have a link where you order these components. Preferably the discount links.

Best place to get the Q's is probably http://TwoHubs.com. It's not the discount link but they let you buy exactly the combination you want and they always have stock in the wide sizes gaps that you can't buy elsewhere like (52x34); in the end I found that to be less expensive than trying to single source the 52 and 34. If you are going with more standard gapping you can find them elsewhere at competitive prices. Probably decide on your crank situation first so you know if you are going 110bcd or 130bcd don't want to order the rings twice.

Of course what you really want is a XD-15 you just don't know it yet
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id332.html

We actually switch to farmers insurance because they cover the repair costs if you damage your bike in a crash. Can take the sting out of that sort of event as long as you are not a frequent crasher.

SamP

Guru
I think the vendetta is classed as a High BB?????
I can not see the definition anywhere!

On that calculation I need 145 mm cranks for a high BB, and 150 mm for a medium BB.

My BB is 32 mm about the CL of my hip joint, and 160 mm above the lowest seat part, with a 100 mm stay extension on my Silvio V1.0.
What is my BB status??? High or just Medium?

I currently have a 151 mm FSA Gossamer triple crank from Bike Smith.

I don't know specifically what the author of that calculator considers high/medium/low, but I suspect if your feet are above your hips, then its high.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Last night was the weekly, fast "A" ride at the LBS. It was perfect weather for a fast ride. This is the fastest ride around with the strongest riders in the area. There were about 20 riders, but I didn't get an accurate count. We rode through town and we passed the last intersection where the group takes off like a bat out of hell. One guy in the group was on a comfort bike. Hey, two weirdos - the comfort bike and the recumbent. I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into. He said he was going to hang on as long as possible. Well, that was for about two seconds and he was gone - the first casualty. I stayed back from the group around 10 to 15 feet so I would be out of the way of riders coming off the front. They started doing a double pace line, which can really stress the weaker riders compared with a single pace line. We went on for a while at a good clip and then hit a hill. Everyone hung on okay. Then we went on for a while and hit a short but steep hill. I stayed left so I wouldn't get trapped and have to slow down. I made it almost to the front of the pack and then I let the group get back up to speed. The group almost split, but everyone made it over the hill and the group reformed. We sailed on at high speed. On and on and then I had to swerve around a couple of riders who blew up. We went on for more miles and then the pace picked up again. I was following at 26 to 30 mph and almost lost the group because I had to go around another dropped rider. More people were getting dropped. We made it onto the final stretch of quite a few miles and there were only six riders left plus me. Then there were five. Then another one blew and there were four. One more dropped. Now the three strongest riders and I were sailing at a very high speed to the finish. Then one of the three, who is young and very strong, gave it up and fell back. Only two riders and me. They pushed and pushed. Unbelievable speed on DFs. I stayed glued to them like a saddle sore. Then they sprinted for the sign and pulled away. I switched to full power output and all I could do was get closer to them. I didn't have enough time to actually pass them and take the sign. So I was third out of the whole group. Afterwards, a couple of the guys asked me about the bike. Apparently, they were surprised that a recumbent could stay with that group all the way to the finish. Meet Mr. V, my friends.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Great ride report Joe - I would love to see the Garmin or Strava data or whatever you have. Curious of the wattage output at those high speeds!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Joe - I hope you are going to join our little "Cruzbike Fantasy Time Trial Series!"
You too Slim, Rick