kickstand for T50?

Frank Costantini

Has anyone found a kickstand long enough to work on the T50. I bought an adjustable one online, but it was way too short at the longest setting.

Vicki C.

T50 Trailblazer and Silvio newbie
There is a custom made collapsible one. http://www.click-stand.com/ I have seen it in action and was told by the local Cruzbike dealer that he uses it on his Cruzbikes. You do have to take measurements after you decide the best place to hook the stand onto your bike.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Which one did you buy? At least we'll know what not to buy!

I am not at all sure a single-leg traditional style kickstand will work on a Cruzbike. What I would be looking for is a double or Vee type. Getting one that is long enough to do the job is the problem...and they're heavy. Niagra Bikes has a nice section on kickstands. I'd probably be looking at one of these: https://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/esge-sks-double-leg-bicycle-kickstand

94199__27515.1403958693.1280.1280.jpg

I imagine that one could pretty easily add extensions (tubing from local hardware store, etc.) if needed.

My brother's GRR has the above type of kickstand it works quite nicely. Still unsure if it would work on the MBB format. The "click-stand" type appear to work fine though.

Frank Costantini

Hey, Frank, does it work? how long is the length of the leg?
No, it was several inches too short, even at its longest adjustment, so I returned it. Sorry, I should have made that clear. Vicki suggested an alternative above, which looks like it will work, but is not as simple to use as a regular kickstand.

Vicki C.

T50 Trailblazer and Silvio newbie
Yes, there is a wonderful custom kickstand I just installed on my T50, soon to be available from Cruzbike. I was one of the lucky testers. It's lightweight but works even on hills. And yes, every bike needs a kickstand, especially in the city.
I just saw that on the web site. What happens to the front end when the kickstand is down?