Kickstand

Romagjack

Anyone found a way to extend the stock kickstand on a Q559 or a good alternative? Stock kickstand is just too short and I can only get the bike to stand when the front wheel is fully turned to the right side.

BrianA

That is the way the kickstand is designed to work, it keeps the weight of the front end nearer to the kickstand and keeps the bike stable.

Romagjack

Thanks, I realize that, but I still need to put a 2 x 4 under it to gain some stability in my garage. Wish I could find a kickstand a few inches longer with a bigger foot.

Romagjack

That may be the ticket - if the legs are long enough. If the legs are too long, one could always cut them back.

Romagjack

There are many adjustable-lenth kickstands out there, but I haven't used any. I do have plenty of good experience with the Pletcher Two-leg Kickstand with my tandem bikes. These keep the bike straight upright, great for loaded bikes.

I can't seem to get a measurement from the top of the Pletcher Two Leg Kickstand to the ground. It looks like the Quest needs a kickstand that would be at least 14 inches from the bottom of the kickstand bracket straight to the ground. So, with the angle of the legs, that would add length to the 2 legs of the Pletcher. The Quest is about 3" longer from ground to kickstand plate than a normal bike.

I can't seem to get a measurement from the top of the Pletcher Two Leg Kickstand to the ground.
13.5 inches ground to bottom of chain stays of my tandem. You may require a shim if you choose the Pletscher. BTW the Pletscher is way too short for the Vendetta.