Lane Splitting Video

Ivan

Guru
I finally got my Mobius ActionCam hooked up again with an external battery pack. On my commute, I hit a patch of heavy traffic that allowed me to lane split safely. When I was first contemplating a Silvio, I had wondered whether I could be as nimble as when commuting on my DF road bike. Well, here it is. No problem after you get the hang of it...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Wow that would get you

Wow that would get you punched or coffee thrown at you around here.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Ivan nice video. Looks early

Ivan nice video. Looks early morning?

Ivan I imagine you ride in an area where people have accepted lane splitting and it's common. If I tried that here I probably would get straight armed. I have a hard enough time just taking the lane without getting yelled at.

Anyway, questions about your setup. I just purchased the new GoPro Hero2 Silver along with an external battery. I intent to place the battery in my bag and run the camera up front off my tube (on the Vendetta). I will be drilling a small hole under the tube and cutting the usb wire in order to slip it into the small hole, and then splicing the usb cord back together. The external battery is 13000mAh 3A which would charge my battery for a very long ride. I have the GoPro set to looping so I don't run out of video.
How did you do your setup?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Solar baby

Rick,

I've got one of these solar batteries $20 on amazon; I've never charge the battery via the wall; it's alway full from being in ambient light. might work installed on top of your bentup bag.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Thanks Bob, that's pretty

Thanks Bob, that's pretty cool. It amazes me what is out there and available in terms of electronics these days. Just can't keep up. Well just another item to add to my ever growing bike list.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Robert, I found that

Robert, I found that hilarious!
thumbs_up.gif

telephd

Guru
Ivan, that increased the

Ivan, that increased the pucker factor at my desk. I cant even imagine it in RT. We have motorcyclists do that down here in SoCal, some at freeway speeds. Stay safe brother!

Robert, thanks for the chuckle...

Hal

billyk

Guru
Don't show your wife!

Brilliant riding, but ....

* This is the kind of video I would NOT show to my wife (unless I wanted to hear about it .every.single.morning. when I left for my commute)

* Singapore drivers are obviously much more alert to bikes being where they might change lanes. Around here you have to assume that they don't see you at all, and if they do they might be hostile, especially during commute times.

* One assumes you have good mirrors ...

BK

Ivan

Guru
Okay, no more lane splitting

Okay, no more lane splitting videos for the international community! :) Others are right - it's appropriateness is dependent on culture. Over here you don't do it at speed, but motorcyclists and cyclists can do it when traffic is stopped or crawling in a traffic jam and no one minds. Promise I won't do it if I visit you in other countries without checking on local etiquette first!

And the good wife is indeed very good cos she doesn't nag me about my riding! :)

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I ride my Grasshopper like

I ride my Grasshopper like that. Okay, maybe not that extreme. I am slightly getting like that on the Silvio. If I remember to relax.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Ivan now that you have your

Ivan now that you have your Mobius back and working, when will you do a film of your long way home through the parks and bikeways along the coast?