Large or standard ?

Niko

Knee problems. They really surprise me, as first there were not any. I have now been cycling on the V20 exclusively for a bit over 1000km. I started noticing slight knee pain after the first 600km or so. I have moved the pedals forward 10mm (after the photos above) and tried to be careful not to use too low cadence (i try to use about 90rpm), but no help. My cranks are 140mm, on my M5 i didn´t have any knee problems with those. I think i´ll try and move the pedals fwd another 5mm, but perhaps the next step is getting even shorter cranks ?

Niko

Out of curiosity what type of pedal are you using?
Shimano SPD (and very stiff shoes). Would like to use road pedals, but each workday i have to walk about 1,5km on my cycling shoes... (And i bike to work every day)

Niko

Knee problems went away with adjusting the boom shorter little by little (before that i moved the BB fwd like i planned, and that was immediately recognized as bad direction, pain got worse). I also got the position fine-tuned otherwise, including widening the seat at the shoulder area. But the biggest thing is, i got the large chainstay! It definitely feels better for me. Now i am very happy with the bike, but will update to disk brakes for the next season. I am relaxed enough riding the Vendetta now that i went for a 462km (287miles) ride last Saturday. Everything went OK, including riding in darkness.

So, fine-tuning took longer than i thought, and learning to ride it took shorter than i thought :)

cblc%202.jpg

trplay

Zen MBB Master
So, fine-tuning took longer than i thought, and learning to ride it took shorter than i thought :)

View attachment 3203

I experienced the same thing. I think this is true for a lot of riders. The problem is they fine tune before completing the learning to ride process which makes it even harder to get the fit right. Having a local dealer or buddy who understands the fit process is gold. Online help is a good second choice but can only go so far.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
What else can I say... Enduro XD-15 BB. You'll never regret it. Ahhh yes. Training with one foot clipped in. Very good for those finer momements. Well done. Congrats