Larry and Gary's Excellent Adventure - Aka Sebring 2015

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Nothing without costs

Some bad news. Per other sources, Charlie is out with an injury; and Rob White is on the way to the hospital with a suspected broken collar bone.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Thanks Bob for keeping us

Thanks Bob for keeping us posted. That is heart breaking news indeed.

Looking forward to hearing about Maria and Jim's scores.

And wishing the rest of the Cruzbike team the best of luck in the coming hours.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Looks like light winds for a

Looks like light winds for a change. This time the last two years it was blowing like stink.

-Eric

ratz

Gary is reporting that it's

Gary is reporting that it's warmer than forecasted, very very much windier than"forecast" he was surprised that Larry hasn't asked to swap out the front disc yet. Apparently in the Sun it's nice and warm and in the shade it's rather cold because of the wind.

Maria on lap 6 or 7 around; approx 1:15 pm EST
20150214_133542_8.jpg

ratz

Office of weights and measures

TImes are posted

http://www.racesmith.com/results.html

http://www.racesmith.com/results/2015results/BikeSebringCentury021415.html

Jim - 100 miles 4:14:11

http://www.racesmith.com/results/2015results/BikeSebring12HoursSplits021415.html

Maria is crusing along at the 8th checkpoint 8:10:10... which would be fast enough to place 2nd among all bent riders male or female in the 12 hour event. And yes that leads the DF's too; but with the winds as reported that is to be expected. Lead Male 12 our SOLO non bent rider was in to checkpoint 8 in 8:27:20

http://www.racesmith.com/results/2015results/BikeSebring24HoursSplits021415.html

Larry and Ben doing good; Larry hit checkpoint 8 at in 8:32:27, been was at checkpoint 7 in 08:21:52

ratz

right round

First riders are being route onto the track for the evening.

Pit Crews are queuing up to get into pit row on the track...

20150214_175505.jpg

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Larry is doing great:

Larry is doing great:

257.0 miles in 12:02:45 and he has held pretty close to the same pace the entire 12 hours. Very, very dang impressive. This is his first 24 hour, right? I'm anxious to see how he holds up over the next 12 hours.

Maria finished 261.1 miles in 11:58:46 - woot!

-Eric

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Larry is still dancing on the

Larry is still dancing on the pedals with 328.6 miles as of 16:42:12 into the 24 hour his average has dropped a bit to 19.67 mph. Ben Tomblin is at 328.2 miles as of 16:46:17 into the 24 hour.

Hoppo is looking good too with 332.4.1 as of 16:50:52 - what color is his hair this year? The prior time split had Larry and Hoppo at the same miles with Larry 1 second ahead.

Both Larry and Ben are looking really good for RAAM qualifying!

-Eric

ratz

All good things....

It's over. 437 miles. Charlie was the hero of the night, staying out with Larry the entire night.

Holdmeupplease.jpg

coachIvegotmore.jpg

ratz

The number are in.
6th and

The number are in.

6th and 8th in total mileage for all riders
1st and 2nd in the overall RAMM classification

Ben Tomblin 23:55:18 441.3
Larry Oslund 23:55:48 437.9

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
I think Larry was holding

I think Larry was holding back a little - he looks way too perky in that photo at the end.
tongue_smile.gif

Impressive performances folks. Very impressive.

-Eric

Wannabe

Most Excellent!

Most Excellent, Most Excellent indeed! Great job! Our cruzbike community is most fortunate to be made up of so many talented and dedicated people.

BIG TIME CONGRATULATIONS to all participants/ competitors/ support etc. We all have a great deal to be proud of in terms of human talent and mechanical devices that are at the zenith of the HPV world!

jond

Zen MBB Master
special effort

thanks so much for posting the results from sebring 2015 to the forum.

unbelievable efforts all round. cruzbike special effort indeed.

i am so looking forward to getting my new large V2 large vendetta and learning to ride such a great bike.

what a great bunch of friendly guys you all are.

special mention to larry o. wow first 24 hour and what a fine performance. larry you must have learnt a great deal from this ride and will be striking fear into the hearts of many with your new experience.

to all the supporters out there in the wee small hours. what a sterling effort you made.

great to watch it all play out from australia.

cheers jd

ratz

Lost in the action

Found one for the road in my junk mail.... Charlie and Larry during the first 100, from the look on Larry's face he can see Charlie coming

20150214_083728.jpeg

Maria Parker

Administrator
Sebring

What a great event! Jim and I were so proud of Charlie, Gary, Larry, and Ben. Gary supported all of us all day and into the night while suffering with a very sore foot. Charlie was a terrific team player staying up all night to support Larry. Larry and Ben rode their hearts out. Unfortunately, Larry went down on his second to last loop on the track and may have hurt his shoulder. He got back on the bike with help from a another cyclist and did one more lap. I'll let him report on the extent of his injuries, but he is tough. Ben made it look easy. Every time he stopped he was smiling and gracious. I'll write about my race experience in a blog post that I hope to get up later today. Thanks again for support! Maria