Let's talk front wheel removal

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
There have been several

There have been several versions of this technology over the years and as of yet, none of them have taken off (similar to airless, puncture-proof bicycle tires). That isn't to say that this one won't or that this won't make your (bicycle) life better, but I'm still skeptical.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Portable Chain breaker

Finally a chain breaker you can carry with you and make wheel chain just a bit easier on legacy Silvio's and Vendetta without the press fit hanger.

http://bikemountain.info/SqueezeLink.html

$4 I just ordered two.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I'm surprised Ratz

- that you did not just jump on into your garage and show us how to make one!
I can see one BIG problem for me is that it is so small, I would probably loose it - guessing that's why you bought 2! :)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Cool little tool! So

Cool little tool! So simple.

I'm afraid if I buy one, I may actually get a front flat. In almost 6500 combined miles on V and S, I've yet to get a front flat.

Did I just jinx my self by saying that? NO!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ha

When the wife put a nail completely through her rim after 205 miles on her first new bike in 20 years; I told her she was good for another 6000 miles. That means you are due.

Rat Rider

The squeeze tool is pretty cool, but the need to break the chain every time I get a front flat makes me queasy.

I know I am late to the party, so please excuse my small rant about my Vendetta.
Rant mode "on."
I find it inexcusable that my RD can be moved several mm in either direction merely by adjusting the QR. The notion that the RD hanger is not stationary (without gluing?) makes me question my investment.
Rant mode "off."

I guess I can add an X7, X9, or Wifli RD to my collection to see if it behaves better. My newish X0, worked well until I changed tires. After reinstalling, it was completely out of alignment. (see above rant) Ugh!

Suz

but Mrs Ratz would be swearing like a sailor in the ditch and throwing things.

I know this is an old post, but I feel a deep connection with your wife Ratz. LOL. I'm sure when she's not in sailor mode she's very sweet!