LOL My day job

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
That's the new vwmare 3-way system for an exchange cluster for our mail services. 1000 users, 1million message processed inbound (spam/ham) per week. You want to see the matrix's green data stream? yeah we got live logs that look like that. Sucker is gonna be fast with SAS 2TB Raid-10 and SATA Archive Storage. (Nobody deletes email on these systems they are litigatition locked; you send it; it lives forever). Flipping uptime drives all this stuff; every single component from the internet cable to the power cord is redundant full Active HA. Just wiring it up in Headache inducing. 33 network wires for 3 servers. HA is complicated but it doesn't have to be hard.

UPS's go in Music studio 4 pole min racks with for max ventilation. Batteries are in parallel with independent chargers per battery for rapid recycle (or daisy chain 5 batteries to 1 battery based charger). full inverters to pure sine wave with boost and trim.

Not really digging building this in spring should have done it in the dead of winter.

Hmmm, I used to average 250,000 emails per day back around 2005 or so with probably 95% spam. Volumes went way down after we had MessageLabs on the front end which later changed to our own stuff called AT&T SEG.

Most of my data storage goes on HDS SUS but I've got some fully populated MSA70s too along with some other stuff here and there. And its time to upgrade VMware again....

Fun stuff.

Wannabe

I attended New Horizons computer learning centers for 2 years to earn an MCSE. Right after I got out, the DOT COM crash happened.
I suffered thru the 2 years for the promise of over $200/ hour pay rates. In fact my teacher knew guys in the North East making over $600 / hour!!! I was so looking forward to that! OH WELL!!!

After the crash, pay went from 70 hr, to 40... to 20.... then i got replaced by a 12/ hr high school punk. I hung up my I T hat and never looked back.
Thank God I have an Electronics Degree.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Very neat cabling!!!
You obviously do NOT work for HP!

When are you going to take your Summer Bike photos!!!
I have a friend who lives in Minneapolis, and rides a Rans Rocket, who I was trying to convert to Cruzbikes, when on a ride with him from Jasper Canada to Whitefish MT.
I want to send them to him, to show him the range, as he has only seen my Silvio V1.0.
I know he will not budge!!! But it is fun trying!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
No worries!
So are you a fare weather rider of 68 F (20 C) to 77 F ( 25 C ) temperature range????
Nope anything above 40F is fine but not really into stopping and taking photos until it's warm enough to sweat. Works has been the bigger culprit; more time riding the trainer at 10pm than getting out on the road. But the last 4 days of rain aren't helping since this is the US holiday weekend. So wrenching in the shop it is.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Yes Rain puts a damper on things!!!
If I am in a race, or on a tour where you have to be at the next town tonight, then I ride!!!
BUT if training then, I use my wimp option!!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
You must be related to one of my partners. Cabling that neat should be outlawed.
Color coded by Server, Trunk and Vlan too. :p

At 2am when you are moving stuff it's worth it to prevent errors. Otherwise the next day it's 600+ people screaming about email being down.