Looking for an Ambassadors for Cruzbikes

We are currently looking for Cruzbike owners that are willing to show their Silvio's, Vendetta's and Q's for new customers. This is a new program which helps those where no dealer is nearby. A couple have already signed on board..thanks to you guys! We are looking for someone enthusiastic, knowledgable, and willing to follow Cruzbikes format for presenting the bikes in the most positive way. Incentives and discounts will be provided to those that successfully show their bikes. Currently looking for someone in Southern CA-but would like anyone and everyone that is willing to become an Ambassador!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
It's funny you would bring this up now because I was actually in the process of writing an email about this very subject. This past Sunday I drove up to visit @Rick Youngblood to inquire about some things regarding the Vendetta and after talking with him for like 2-3 hours about all kinds of stuff, I thought to myself "this guy would make a great CruzBike Ambassador". I base that statement of both his passion for CruzBikes which he truly loves and his mechanical and analytical nature which lets him express how and why things on the bike work the way they do. So here a humble or not so humble nomination for Rick.

1happyreader

zen/child method
The owner at Hamptons edge trailside bikes in Floral city, FL on the Withlacoochee trail should get an honorable mention. (check out the websites banner)
His shop was a water station on last weekends charity ride. I rode up and parked my Sofrider while he was with a couple looking at the trikes and used bikes he was displaying there. As I got a drink I heard him say" That's a cruzbike ,its a front wheel drive. If you look you can see they put the rear wheel on the front. " Seems he goes to the recumbent shows.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
You can always count me in to show off or explain Cruzbikes to potential customers.
I do that all the time anyway, whether here at home near Asheville, NC - or at any race that I go to.
You've got my email and phone, so if anything specific comes up, feel free to contact me.
Have V, will travel!

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I'd be happy to help out, if you have potential customers in the central Mississippi area. I have a smaller-wheeled Q, great for learning on, and a Silvio 1.5. I'm not a fast rider, nor inclined toward ultra-long distances; but I'm definitely enthusiastic and can extol the virtues of the Cruzbikes for those endeavors.

Tuloose

Guru
I would be willing to help, however I think my Silvio 2.0 may not be the most newbie friendly bike.
Also having to readjust the front derailleur for leg lengths different than mine would be a disincentive.
I am thinking of adding a Sofrider to my stable which seems like a much better mount to learn on.

quickbeam

I've only had mine for a couple months, but I haven't seen Chicago mentioned (or really, anything in the midwest, although I know Ratz has the Mpls area covered), so if you need a person here, I can step in occasionally.
I'm no expert on components, but I know the talking points on the various models and am pretty current on the training videos.
It would be nice to meet up with another Cruzbiker in the area too. It's kinda lonely out here :/

LMT

If anyone in the UK within the M25 is interested in a Cruzbike then I'd be happy to show them the bike/give advice.

mzweili

Guru
If anyone close to Quebec-City is interested in a Cruzbike then I'd be happy to show them my Silvio 2.1.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
We probably ought to team up, since that lets the potential customer see a Q, Silvio, and Vendetta all in the same visit.

Yes, or like we did with Pat, bring along the Sofrider for good measure. I can easily recable the front to make easy adjustments for taller or shorter riders. Your Q is probably the ticket for first-timers though. Love what you've done with that bike!

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Your Q is probably the ticket for first-timers though. Love what you've done with that bike!

It truly is a different bike with those changes. I took the Q on Kelvin's Thursday-night "encouragement ride" (i.e., beginners and slow riders) last week, 12 flat miles out and back from Germantown High School. I was amazed to see a 14.1 mph average on the Garmin when we finished. You're welcome to give the revamped Q a try sometime!

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
I've been Cruzbike coach and fellow rider with 2 co-workers and a brother as well as volunteer time to demo for 2 locals in beginnings of anbasa prog, but another thing I wonder is if you are local to Phoenix AZ or near vincinaty and would like some Cruzbike cheering on with skills or rides contact me through this board.

Also a confession, I did not help a co-worker who said I can ride that little bicycle, I'm a Harley rider! So I let him try out my Q, grimacing as I did not want him to hurt my 'little bicycle', and the next thing I know he is saying 'get me off this thing are you trying to kill me'.

Later I confessed to him that I set him up, 'even Harley riders sometimes need to learn other skills with a little help', or in Cruzbike terms do the skills steps to learn to ride!

But really, locals to Phoenix area, if you want to ride your Cruzbike with other Cruzbikians, or learn to ride it contact me on this forum.
Mark
aka emeljay (the original circa 1954, not the singer)

Last edited:

TalleyHo

Count me in as a Cruzbike ambassador, currently in mid coast Maine. I've inclined that way already having two utility bikes and I try to keep one newbie rideable. Was at the lbs just last week with a show and tell. The Silvio too specialized to fit almost anyone else nor would I trust a newbie with it but so so impressive to behold, imho. My sales pitch is simple, Cruzbikes are the best of both worlds. The short chain, rigid drive train and full body power generating of DFs with the best features of recumbents, safety, comfort and aero efficiency. How could anyone go back?