looking for component suggestions

westwoodbob

I am looking at purchasing a Silvio. I have a budget of about 1200 for wheels and components. I do a lot of club rides 30-50 miles and look to do a double century this summer. We have a lot of hills here in WA. Looking for suggestions.

Jeremy S

Dude
It looks like the

It looks like the Cruzbike doesn't offer component bundles anymore? I'm not seeing any options to order component packs on the Silvio and Vendetta pages.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Bob,
If it were me, I'd

Hi Bob,

If it were me, I'd put a triple with 74 BCD for the inner ring (can go down to 24T) - see this thread about that.

Otherwise, I think it's mostly what you can get at that price and get the components you usually would for a road bike.

Good luck (and let us know what you do)!

Cheers,
Charles

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Flexibility

If 1200 has to cover the wheels and the components; I'd strongly suggest the Cruzbike wheels; they are a complete steel at the price. That will leave you with over 800 to work with for the rest. If by components you mean just the GroupSet then I would get the SRAM product line so that you can mix and match parts from RED, Force, Rival, Apex and S-series. That way you can pick your spots. If on the other hand you mean components to be all things; groupset, computer, bottles, bages, tires, tubes, and fancy bits; then I'd seriously go look at the Groupsets from Microshift. Their groupsets are likely to cost $300 or less and leave you money for the rest of your build

noahvale

Cruzbike wheels and

Cruzbike wheels and Sram Rival group can be done for about what you are budgeting. I got my Force group from Berman's Bicycle in NH. He sells on ebay, but is also a real brick and mortar shop. Great prices with cheap shipping and full warranty. Call them at 603-852-2852
http://stores.ebay.com/Bermans-Bicycle

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
My 2 centavos

For lots of hills, a way around a triple is a compact double with a SRAM Rival or Apex 11-32 cassette and the Wi-Fli derailleur.
Decent deals on various websites for groupsets--as Noah mentioned above, also GloryCycles.com, Art's Cyclery, etc.
Good luck!

Kline