Looking for Purchasing Advice

I planning on purchasing a v40 in the few months but my problem is I live in Florida where there are no CruzBike Dealers.
I'm looking for anyone willing to share there purchasing experience.
Whether direct from CruzBike or a Dealer

Thank you in advance for any and all responses

gchichester

Bruce B

Welcome aboard.

I purchased my first Cruzbike, a Silvio 1.0 in August 2009. This was a frame kit. Order and delivery was easy and uneventful.
I had the bike built up with components ordered through my favorite bike shop and put together by their crew. They had never seen a Cruzbike before but had experience with other brands. The result was a perfectly functioning recumbent.

My second bike from Cruzbike is a V20, the one seen in my avatar. It was delivered in November 2014. Again the order and subsequent delivery were uneventful.
This bike I built up myself. There were absolutly no problems with assembly.

My third experience with Cruzbike occured because I had signed up as a volunteer for the "Find A Local" project, a way to see and ride a Cruzbike.
One summer day in 2016 I received an email from a Cruzbike crew member informing me that a gentleman from Switzerland named Eugen,was visiting family in the interior of Mexico. He was very interested in purchasing a complete Cruzbike QX100. Eugen arranged payment to Cruzbike. Cruzbike scheduled delivery of the bike to my address in El Paso. Eugen arranged transportation and hostel accomodations for his trip to El Paso. He arrived first. When the bike arrived he came to our house and we did the final assembly. Great looking bike in blue
Following assembly Eugen pedaled off to the hostel. The next day he left El Paso for Chihuahua City on the QX100. He followed up that segment of his trip with an email thanking me and my wife for our hospitality.

My experience with Cruzbike has been excellent.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Buy a bike from these people. First, I got a conversion kit. When I discovered this MBB lark worked, I got a Silvio. When it cracked its frame and nearly broke in two, they replaced it. All I had to pay was the the shipping cost. The seat, the bit under the seat, the back triangle - these are new. The front triangle and the boom are original, but I have cut the boom short and got new handlebars.

Since then it has done a lot of commuting and a lot of long rides in the countryside. Not really long. I am neither a randonneur nor a racer, but long enough to know I like the bike. No other problems. I recommend Cruzbike. Do not worry, they are not spivs. Buy one.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I planning on purchasing a v40 in the few months but my problem is I live in Florida where there are no CruzBike Dealers.

Thank you in advance for any and all responses

gchichester

Send an email to cruzbike direct and see if they can find an owner local to you willing to let you test ride. @Lucia parker I think handles the connection most the time. If you don't get a quick response give it a day or two and try again. There aren't many people behind the scenes so they get busy.

n316rv

Just finishing up an S40 build. Robert shipped the frame the day I ordered it. Had it 4-5 business days later. I got lots of information off the forum dealing with components. I have ridden it up the street a couple of times as a single speed, while waiting on shift cables. Seems like it is going to be an awesome bike. Building from frame up was a good learning experience. This is my first Cruzbike.
Alan

Alan,
I must say I'm a little jealous, I'm still saving up for the Frame Kit.
I would be interested in what components you decided on. I'm still researching my options.

Thanks
Gil

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Buy direct. I've bought four frame kits from Cruzbike since 2008 and all have been easy purchases with fast delivery and no shipping damage. I've also bought a pile of accessories...same great service.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I have bought 3 frame kits, and one 80% assembled Quest V 1, and all have been extremely well packaged, and no damage, with good instructions, and EXCELLENT forum help if there has been any frame changes since the instructions were created!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
5 v20's, 2 Silvios, 6 quests, and 2 T50's have passed in and out of my garage. 9 are currently in the house; never a problem with them for all 5 of the riders in our family ages 18-69.....

super slim

Zen MBB Master
5 v20's, 2 Silvios, 6 quests, and 2 T50's have passed in and out of my garage. 9 are currently in the house; never a problem with them for all 5 of the riders in our family ages 18-69.....
Ratz, you look young for 69!!!

Reactions: Suz

joy

I have bought two framesets from Cruzbike, a V20 and an S40 and an S30 from Vite. I had John Schlitter build up the Vendetta too. He did a great job and he is in Spring Hill, Florida. I bought the frame and had it shipped to him. The Cruzbike people are great and the bikes are wonderful.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Hey I'm not a 69er but one broke 23 at CMS 10 mile TT last week on an ol slow DF bike. I'm proud to even be on the same track as a guy like that. (Actually not sure if he was 69 but was in 65-69 age group) but u get my point. Hopefully we can all be the older guy or gal that every one is amazed at. Roll on as loooong as u can

I bought my Q559 direct from Cruzbike. The purchase was easy and everything came without damage. I bought my Sofrider from Craigslist with no issues. I purchased my S30 from eBay. Buying used from pics is a bit of a gamble but it has worked out for me.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Unless you really want to become hopelessly addicted to the Cruzbike experience,
avoid any contact with the bicycles, the authorized dealers, the company or the people.
Maria Parker and Robert Holler were both efficient and friendly, enabling my terminal addiction to my Cruzbikes.

n316rv

Alan,
I must say I'm a little jealous, I'm still saving up for the Frame Kit.
I would be interested in what components you decided on. I'm still researching my options.

Thanks
Gil
Added a new thread with my build details - "Newbie S40 Build Details"