Loving My New Silvio

thebean

Took my second ride today andi swear, I am getting the "high" feeling I used to get when I was a jogger! This bike is a monster climber. I have owned the P-38, and by far, this is a superior bike.

I don't have recumbutt, butt my but is sore. Let me know your solutions. I use my Baccheeta Euromesh foam today, and it worked better for my back but not for my butt.

Nice upright position, and great to have road gears. It would be nice if Jon could approach Terraycle for some water carrying solutions.

I get giddy thinking about getting on her again! It's so much fun! Hey at 51, at least I can try to ride like Maria Parker!

Cheers

Lisa

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Better than a P-38 at Climbing? Wow!

That is truly saying something as the P-38 is known all over for it's climbing ability. I look forward to taking a Silvio up into the Mountains of North Carolina in the not so distant future. I am also looking forward to getting a Silvio because I am working with Koala Bottle to come up with the perfect cage for the recumbent cyclist. You might want to check them out at www.koalabottle.com.

Congrats on the new Silvio...may every mile make you happier and happier.

I learn so much,

From all the/you forum contributors...... and certainly enjoy your enthusiasm as the CB releases its secrets.

much respect and Happy New Year.

Kim.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Give it a few more rides. I

Give it a few more rides. I think it may be a temporary soreness from your body adjusting to the MBB format.

My bum and inner thighs were sore for a day or two after I first started riding the Quest but it quickly went away as I continued riding more.

I was just getting ready to go beyond 25 mile rides when we finally got hit with snowy, icy roads along with pretty short daylight hours so I can't say what longer durations will do.

I have done about 2 1/2 hours at a pop on rollers indoors and had absolutely no discomfort anywhere, just felt slightly tired.

-Eric

thebean

Hands down the Silvio is

Hands down the Silvio is better than the P-38!! Ok, I admit, I buy bikes on looks. I bought the P-38 as an experiment. I am not fond of bikes with different wheel sizes. The P-38 in person was really gooky looking! My partner supports me buying as many bikes as I like, and could not stand riding with me when I had that bike!!!

In comes the Silvio. Sexy two wheeler with 700c wheels. Killer climber and stable as a rock on descents.

I cannot wait to eat up some of these snobbie Scottsdale roadies with this bike!