Lytle Creek

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I went out with a largish group this morning on a ride to Lytle Creek. I've reported on this ride before, so I won't bore with all the gory details, just the best stuff! :D From where we are in Redlands, this is a lot of gradual climbing. Even the ascent up to the village isn't a tough climb, I can manage most of it on my middle ring. It is fairly strenuous, though. The payoff is a small bar/cafe that has great home style foods on the menu at a fairly reasonable price. These folks are getting pretty used to seeing us by now and I was greeted by an older lady that was gushing with compliments about the Silvio. She made a huge fuss about having seen my bike before, but never me actually riding it. She came out and looked it all over, as did several other people that were there. We went in, ate breakfast and socialized for awhile. A couple locals asked questions about how far we ride and at what average speed. When we all got done eating and made our way to the door, the place almost emptied out to watch us leave. One lady even had a high end SLR camera out taking pictures of us leaving. I overheard somebody ask, "where's Mr. Comfortable?" It was almost kind of embarrasing, but fun, too. I think these mountain folks in an out of the way location kind of appreciate us bicyclists that go out of our way to visit their neck of the woods. Pretty cool!

Mark

JonB

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: I went out with a largish group this morning on a ride to Lytle Creek. I've reported on this ride before, so I won't bore with all the gory details, just the best stuff! :D From where we are in Redlands, this is a lot of gradual climbing. Even the ascent up to the village isn't a tough climb, I can manage most of it on my middle ring. It is fairly strenuous, though. The payoff is a small bar/cafe that has great home style foods on the menu at a fairly reasonable price. These folks are getting pretty used to seeing us by now and I was greeted by an older lady that was gushing with compliments about the Silvio. She made a huge fuss about having seen my bike before, but never me actually riding it. She came out and looked it all over, as did several other people that were there. We went in, ate breakfast and socialized for awhile. A couple locals asked questions about how far we ride and at what average speed. When we all got done eating and made our way to the door, the place almost emptied out to watch us leave. One lady even had a high end SLR camera out taking pictures of us leaving. I overheard somebody ask, "where's Mr. Comfortable?" It was almost kind of embarrasing, but fun, too. I think these mountain folks in an out of the way location kind of appreciate us bicyclists that go out of our way to visit their neck of the woods. Pretty cool!

Mark
hahah, Mr. Comfortable :) that is lovely. I guess they prefer your kind of Easy Rider.