MBB on a diet (9 kilograms)

Bentas

wow , a talented and prolific builder, love all the seat adjustment, 9kg is awesome.
mine is 10kg with lights and tool bag. Now that its dialled in, such a sweet ride.
Have gone 1 x 10 gearing since this pic

Attachments

• IMG_0210bikesmall.JPG
    IMG_0210bikesmall.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 133

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Yes, the last "Rev M" is very light:

The bike without wheels weights 5.8 kg, so it could be a 8.2- 8.3 recumbent bike. With Ambrosio EQL 42 wheels and Michelin Pro4 tires, it weights 8,5 kg.
I am very happy of that. At the moment I am testing it.
Impressive Marco! If you get the chance kindly do a video showing how you build that carbon seat! Id like to try it someday!

Bentas

Great work Marco , your builds look to be getting more refined with each new creation, keep em coming, where are you finding all the Carbon doner frames ?

markciccio

They are all quite cheap used bikes found on internet. The central frame of the last two Rev is made from mold.

markciccio

Well, that is a little secret. It is made from an autoclave carbon fiber costruction type. A friend of mine helps me in building that main frame. He can use an autoclave that is used to product some parts of F1 and high performance competition cars like wings and so on.... Same material, same construction of F1 cars. This is the reason I can not explain too much...

He can use an autoclave that is used to product some parts of F1 and high performance competition cars like wings and so on.... Same material, same construction of F1 cars. This is the reason I can not explain too much...

Lucky for some if you feel so inclined a late Christmas present would be greatful accepted :p