More fun with wheels -Aero style

Wannabe

cool stuff to be sure!

Fantastic stuff everyone! Great Job Larry! I know I can not beat your times on the pedal bike, but I would have given you are run for the money back in the m/c days. I will be riding vicariously ... so please document and yes take lots of pics. Larry, It wll be interesting to see what you think of your newly built full tilt race vendetta compared to your past efforts on your Silvio. I wish I could be there for pit crew/ suport.

Wannabe

the weather

will most likely cause records to be a bit off. Better times with better wx.... don't ya think?

Cruzbike Chris

Hey Larry,
When I was down

Hey Larry,
When I was down at the Texas Time Trials I had Maria and Jim try an app I use called Endomondo. You can actually configure it on your phone so others can follow you and keep track live. Albeit slightly delayed it is free and don't have to have the Pro version for it. Hopefully a bunch of changes coming to it since Under Armor bought them now. Just let everyone know and we will friend and follow all of you. You can also send the rider you follow a live pep talk to cheer them on. I also use it when I am riding long days or traveling so the family can watch my route. Pretty cool for the price for sure. Look for me csclark5253@yahoo.com. Good luck all of you Sebring riders, I hope you get warmer weather then what they say.

BentAero

Oooh, look what the postman brought me today!
60mm drive wheel w/ 130mm (!) disc hub, 88mm rear/non drive wheel. They even sent me the 135mm width skewer that I asked for.

Now I'll be able to keep up with Larry!
20150420_115850_zpso7mz1mzw.jpg

20150420_115908_zpsyjjwr0my.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Looking great Gary!!
I guess I know what you'll be working on this week!
Plus Q-rings - plus shorter cranks - wow - that's all my secrets now... :)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
He already does that on his super-cool one-of-a-kind Bronze Vendetta - He's definitely going to have to get some matching decals for that wheels set though - probably already in the works!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
(I've never ridden Contis.)

On my commuter I've had great luck with Schwalbe Durano plus. My goal there is no flats with *some* speed.

On the race bike (roads) I'm going with Schwalbe Ones. Much faster, high pressure, good road feel, and amazing resistance to cuts and flats.

If I ever get on a track I suppose that'll mean tubeless but if I stay tubed i'll listen to TimTurner.
He likes vittoria corsa open Evo whatevertheyarecalled.

He recently sent me a note about another fast tire - specialized turbo cotton.

I *think* those tires sacrifice a little in the resistance to road debris characteristics that I prefer.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I would agree with Lief.
I rode with Cont 4000s 23mm for 5 years and low traction in the wet even at 90 psi, and not good for cornering on roughly patched roads, but good milage.
When I went to Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 28 mm at 110 psi (correct pressure for my weight 110 kg) much better ride, traction in wet , and handling on rough roads.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I only get 3,000 km compared to 5,000 km for the Conti's , but the increased confidence on rough wet corners is well worth it for me!

AUSSIES 1, 2, 3 in the Giro D'Italia!!!!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I only get 3,000 km compared to 5,000 km for the Conti's , but the increased confidence on rough wet corners is well worth it for me

I have talked to 4 people now that moved up from Ultremos to Schwable One's. Based on what I was told; as soon as at least one of my sets of TLR4 wear out; the One's will be tested. I have a lot of mileage on Ultremos and if the One's are tougher stronger faster; I'm all there. I like Conti's road them and Michelin forever on my DF's. Gatorskins are still going to rule the southwest and own the commuter bike; but for the rest of us it appears One tire to rule them all. (haven't read a single bad review).

AUSSIES 1, 2, 3 in the Giro D'Italia!!!!!
Aussies can count? who knew.... of course they're smart enough to not let me immigrate so maybe they aren't smarter than I thought :p

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I have talked to 4 people now that moved up from Ultremos to Schwable One's. Based on what I was told; as soon as at least one of my sets of TLR4 wear out; the One's will be tested. I have a lot of mileage on Ultremos and if the One's are tougher stronger faster; I'm all there. I like Conti's road them and Michelin forever on my DF's. Gatorskins are still going to rule the southwest and own the commuter bike; but for the rest of us it appears One tire to rule them all. (haven't read a single bad review).
I want to eventually move in the direction of tubeless. They seem to work very well for the MTB crowd. And with a lot more tire companies coming out with high pressure tubeless specific tires like the Schwable Ones, it makes for a game changer. I'm not a fan of Gatorskins, I feel sluggish and slower, and they are not smooth and plush like the more supple tires, although I too live in an area I should be running them...But I don't find them very effective in preventing goathead flats. Most of the local DF'rs are running Gatorskins. Tubeless just sound like the way to go if you want a plush, yet fast ride, and you are prone to flats.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I want to eventually move in the direction of tubeless. They seem to work very well for the MTB crowd. And with a lot more tire companies coming out with high pressure tubeless specific tires like the Schwable Ones, it makes for a game changer. I'm not a fan of Gatorskins, I feel sluggish and slower, and they are not smooth and plush like the more supple tires, although I too live in an area I should be running them...But I don't find them very effective in preventing goathead flats. Most of the local DF'rs are running Gatorskins. Tubeless just sound like the way to go if you want a plush, yet fast ride, and you are prone to flats.
Rick, please keep us up-to-date on your experiences with tubeless as soon as you are able to find viable options. I too think that is going to be a game-changer and is the future of road tires. It just seems to make sense.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Rick, please keep us up-to-date on your experiences with tubeless as soon as you are able to find viable options. I too think that is going to be a game-changer and is the future of road tires. It just seems to make sense.
Joseph, the main man in the know is Bob...aka Ratz, Inspector Gadget, Mr. Tubeless, and I'm sure I can thank of many more nick-names for Bob! Bob's currently running tubeless and is very happy with them. He will be my source for Q&A.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Bob, on the Schwalbe website they claim a 5.5watt saving in going from Ultremo ZX to ONE Tubeless!
Have you noticed the difference, and would 5.5 W be measurable with a power meter while pedaling?