More fun with wheels -Aero style

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Sealant is a mess. I stopped using it, especially after finding that the sealant that I was using contained ammonia; which give the sealant a longer life but corrodes the aluminium rim . I find cheap Chinese inner tubes are not the way either. So I spend a little more and get a better inner tube. Its really hot here in the summer, if you live in hotter climate then its better to be with inner tube in the summer and then switch to tubeless in the winter. I do find that tubeless needs less maintenance after you have done the dirty deed.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
IMG_9065.JPG Emmm I eat my hat today. Had a puncture with the rear inner tube 40 km from home. Tried the untested CO2 injector and it didn't work. LOL. So had a nice walk to the petrol station. Not chuffed. Got up at 7 am ... no wind... no clouds. Birds twittering and no cars. Gosh ... I luv Sundays. Changed the inner tube in next to no time. I am in a habit of taking breakfast one hour into the ride. So being interrupted by a flat was really annoying. The petrol station attendant wasn't terribly helpful as well. Anyways I got some air into the replaced tube and cycled to a wonderful breakfast haunt. I will buy an adaptor and CO2 injector so if anything like this happens again, it can be fixed in next to no time.

Last edited:

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
View attachment 340 Emmm I eat my hat today. Had a puncture with the rear inner tube 40 km from home. Tried the untested CO2 injector and it didn't work. LOL. So had a nice walk to the petrol station. Not chuffed. Got up at 7 am ... no wind... no clouds. Birds twittering and no cars. Gosh ... I luv Sundays. Changed the inner tube in next to no time. I am in a habit of taking breakfast one hour into the ride. So being interrupted by a flat was really annoying. The petrol station attendant wasn't terribly helpful as well. Anyways I got some air into the replaced tube and cycled to a wonderful breakfast haunt. I will buy an adaptor and CO2 injector so if anything like this happens again, it can be fixed in next to no time.

The Beauty of these frame is you can hide a pump and an extra tube in the frame. I just cut some foam the size of the frame; poked a hole in the center of it and put an tiny blackburn pump in it (pretty much the same as the Di2 battery in the boom). No appreciable weight; and makes no noise. If the injector fails then it's just a little more work to remove the seat and back in business. When the nearsest petro station is 40 miles one must plan. MN can be rather rural.