Mudguards?

Robert O

Okay, what works on a V20? I thought this would be a pampered pet, but it's become the everyday ride. What works?

mzweili

Guru
They might be tight, with 700C-25 tires. I run 23 mm tires on my Silvio 2, and as far as I know our friend Ivan runs them with 25 mm tires.

Robert O

Yeah, the specs claim 25mm maximum, but I'll have to ask what tires my various friends are running. I'm concerned about the fit of the struts, the V20 stays are so low. Anyone know for sure?

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I use Cruds on V20 with 25 mm tire. Fiting on front was easy. On rear I had to turn stays inside out to clear rim and cut more holes to mudguard and zip tie it to second brake bridge. And still it is not perfect, rear flap is not centered with wheel and I get some spay on helmet. Sorry, no photo.

Robert O

Well, I ended up with a partial solution. I mounted a Planet Bike SpeedEz XL rear fender. I had to chop off the front 6" or so, and I straightened out the stays to get as much length out of them as I could. Seems to have worked, no rub. I wasn't able to use the front, too much shifter cable in the way on the fork. I wasn't getting spray off of the front wheel anyway, the frame was catching it. Thanks for the input!

jond

Zen MBB Master
sks raceblade. easily removed too no tools required. used the front one for v2 rear. did not bother with front. fitted the rear to a trike.

Robert O

For whatever reason, my various Raceblades have been kind of delicate. I had the stock short ones awhile back, and Raceblade Longs on my carbon DF bike a couple of years ago. Both repeatedly snapped, so they had really attractive duct tape splints. Both kind of shabby looking, and a little floppy.