Music to my ears

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Went on a nice 30 mile group ride this morning, my first with this group. Very nice route, great bunch of folks. About 7 miles from the finish a handful of riders broke away off the front. Since I was new to the group I was drifting along off the back, and I thought, aw, just let 'em go. They disappeared pretty quickly over a decent size hill about 400 yards up; when the rest of us got to that hill and everybody started downshifting and dropping speed, I decided, oh, what the heck, and pulled around and sped up. About 15 yards up, still accelerating, I faintly heard "I thought those recumbents couldn't climb!??" Music to my ears.
Advantage: Cruzbike.

Caught the breakaway fairly quickly and rode the rest of the way with them. As we were pulling in the leader asked "How much does your rig weigh?" 27.5 without water, tools, tubes, lights. "Wow. 10 pounds up from us" What i said was, "yeah but it helps on the downhills" He agreed.
But what I thought was: "yeah, 10 pounds and 10-20 years up on y'all. It's the bike, not me"
Advantage: Cruzbike

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Another 30ish ride today with a distinctly faster group than yesterday. No passing anyone, no catching the faster group, just happy to keep up w the slowest riders on this ride. Barely. With a struggle. And I think the slower ones might have been loafing!
But hey, my avg mph for today was faster :)

Progress, not perfection! I still love my bike.