My Journey Begins...

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Jim,
This is quite a long thread and this may have been addressed, but if you can afford it, I would suggest purchasing a nice indoor trainer.
I work 50 hours a week and in the late fall, winter, and even early spring there just isn't enough daylight or warm enough weather for me to ride outside.
I get up at 5:30am - put a good hour and 1/2 ride in and then go to work. Did that all winter and was able to enter spring nice a fit for any event I wanted to ride in.
Plus it works great when there is daylight but bad weather at other times during the year.
I personally have a Wahoo KICKR since it can be control by lots of different apps, and even had video tied to them and it. It takes the boredom out of indoor training.
Good Luck

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Congrats on those 35lbs gone

Congrats on those 35lbs gone Jim! Bet you feel great and are gonna lose more! :)

Are you using 25c or 23c tyres with your Cruds. It's been raining every day here cos it's the monsoon season in Singapore. So I'm getting wet on every ride home. The fenders really keep the bike much cleaner. I had a white Cervelo S2 and cleaning it after every rain ride was tough! With the Silvio, and especially with the fenders, it's so much easier!

I'm sorry I missed your question... I'm using 25c tires with my Cruds.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Jim,
This is quite a long thread and this may have been addressed, but if you can afford it, I would suggest purchasing a nice indoor trainer.
I work 50 hours a week and in the late fall, winter, and even early spring there just isn't enough daylight or warm enough weather for me to ride outside.
I get up at 5:30am - put a good hour and 1/2 ride in and then go to work. Did that all winter and was able to enter spring nice a fit for any event I wanted to ride in.
Plus it works great when there is daylight but bad weather at other times during the year.
I personally have a Wahoo KICKR since it can be control by lots of different apps, and even had video tied to them and it. It takes the boredom out of indoor training.
Good Luck

Larry, I have a Cyclops Trainer but was told that trying to use my Silvio with it might be problematic...since I would have to reverse it to use it. Is that correct?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have no history with Cyclops trains on Cruzbikes - Hopefully some others will chime in Ratz for one probably knows - since he appears to have experience with everything made for every type of bicycle. :) I don't think he ever sleeps!
I would think since the trainers are designed to set the rear drive wheel on them, then it seems like it should work for Cruzbike FWD.
The KICKR is like that, works with DF's, and Cruzbikes very well.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Larry, I have a Cyclops Trainer but was told that trying to use my Silvio with it might be problematic...since I would have to reverse it to use it. Is that correct?

Which model trainer? A quick google and they all looked like mag style trainers to me. Plenty of us here on the forums use flywheel ones like that. Just make sure the fly wheel is to the Back side of the drive wheel.

Here's Silvio on a Flywheel trainer.

IMG_3811.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I have a CycleOps Mag+ Indoor Bicycle Trainer. It works just like Bobs pictured above.

71a4JKJ2VvL._SL1500_.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Side note question:
I'm a trainer noob (by way of example - I burned up a wheel because the tire was too inflated and the pressure too tight).

I have a simple trainer from Performance Bicycle
40-5839-WHI-ANGLE.JPG

DCRainmaker called it good for it's price point (like $130).
My question is:
How tight should I crank down the skewer-nut-holding thing?
I usually tighten things too much and I'm nervous about squeezing the hub too much (Powertap).

Drew

I find the Kurt Kinetic works better with the fly wheel up front. It makes the entire bike and trainer a more stable platform.

I've been to Houston. Was stationed in San Antonio. Got an Aunt and a passle of cousins that live in the Hill Country.

Really like the Rothko Chapel and the DeMenil Collection. (Retired Dean of an Art College)