My Neck Rest is better than Yours.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
As you should be! Too bad it took a Yank to make you aware of a great company right under your nose ;)
Kline, my FIRST good quality headlight was Niteflux 8W MTB headlight back in 2010 for my first attempt of the 3 Peaks ride 230 km and 4,000 m climbing in 12 hrs

Last edited:
Us Aussies, who have roots in Yorkshire, England, STILL have short arms and long pockets! and $50 shipping for such a light small parcel is a killer!

Could you please take some close up photos, so I can see how it has been made and I will make one using ACS-10 mesh.
http://www.empind.com.au/shop/item/drainage-mesh---acs-10
Let me know how you get on mate. I might be interested in purchasing one from you or Peter from OZHPV as it doesn't make sense to buy $100 of ACS 10 myself to make a $60 inc shipping headrest.

pedlpadl

I think Maria may be working on it.

Very nice. That's very close to what I was envisioning. Perhaps Maria could provide some details? Is the metal bracket attached to the neck cushion piece from the original ADEM mast assembly, or fabricated?

scabinetguy

Is the metal bracket attached to the neck cushion piece from the original ADEM mast assembly, or fabricated?
pedlpadl....... I've done both, you can cut the ADEM piece or make one out of 1 1/2" x 1/8" aluminum.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
My neck rest, better than YOUR neck rest, has evolved.
Since this thread started, the stock alloy seat pan was replaced by a one-piece composite seat pan/neck rest.
My tubular neck rest used to strap onto the stock tubular headrest frame.
Now it is lashed to my custom seat, a little differently, but a lot more adjustable and, of course, even more comfortable.
-The same innertube (!)
-The same repurposed bootlace;
-And an old open-ended canned drink cozy=
Perfection.

20210415_160106.JPG
20210415_160142.JPG

The blue nylon neck rest cover still fits nicely and was removed for these snapshots.

Attachments

• 20210415_160157.JPG
    20210415_160157.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
  • 20210415_160157.JPG
    20210415_160157.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 79

jond

Zen MBB Master
My neck rest, better than YOUR neck rest, has evolved.
Since this thread started, the stock alloy seat pan was replaced by a one-piece composite seat pan/neck rest.
My tubular neck rest used to strap onto the stock tubular headrest frame.
Now it is lashed to my custom seat, a little differently, but a lot more adjustable and, of course, even more comfortable.
-The same innertube (!)
-The same repurposed bootlace;
-And an old open-ended canned drink cozy=
Perfection.

View attachment 11219
View attachment 11220

The blue nylon neck rest cover still fits nicely and was removed for these snapshots.

like the idea of the drink cozy . Sponsored by xxxx beer lol.

I can’t get the air valves to last as long as your innertube due to sweat corrosion so roll on the drink cozy. Thanks. Use n shape no glue just roll up and zip tie.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
like the idea of the drink cozy . Sponsored by xxxx beer lol.

I can’t get the air valves to last as long as your innertube due to sweat corrosion so roll on the drink cozy. Thanks. Use n shape no glue just roll up and zip tie.
I think it all the coal dust mixed with sweat that is corroding the valve!!

Hi,

I used a 20" tube around the stock neck rest rails on my v20 and it works pretty well. I posted pictures of the process in another thread but thought it should be here. So, rather than repost all the pictures, here's a link to the thread.

https://forum.cruzbike.com/threads/my-first-cruzbike.14197/page-2

And I've attached a photo here of the finished result.

Hope it might help someone.

Attachments

• 20210813_121259.jpg
    20210813_121259.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20