My Silvio arrived!

counterpoint

I'm the proud owner of a box full of frame parts, delivered today to Colorado. Big thanks to my dog Amber who barked her head off or I would not have heard the door bell over the vacuum (signature required).
If only I had time to put it all together but this weekend is fully booked...
Won't even get to checking the parts list.

One gripe: the fork weighs a full kilo. Well, I guess there's good engineering reasons for it. New companies tend to avoid killing their customers, makes for bad PR.

PS: I never used head rests before as they transfer road vibrations. Can I do without?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Headrest

First, congratulations on your soon--to-be assembled Silvio.
Secondly, I could see riding it without the headrest. Positioned properly to support the base of the skull, I found that transfer of road vibrations was minimal. There is some magic in that rear suspension! You will probably fid yourself lifting your head over larger road imperfections such as railway crossings, but in the end your neck will thank you for using a properly-adjusted headrest.

Pics? If I don't ask, Charles P. will.

counterpoint

Sorry, no pics until I'm into

Sorry, no pics until I'm into the build.
Also, I bought standard valve extenders for my 38mm rims, the type where you leave the valve open and encase it with the extender screwed on top. Just learned there's another type where the valve goes on top (where I think it belongs). So I'll wait until Monday for the Conti extenders to arrive to finish gluing the tubulars (I use Tufo tape, not glue).

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
ah .. mine didn't arrive yet.

ah .. mine didn't arrive yet. Hopefully soon, as I like to have a headstart on any nuances of each production run!