My V20 in the wild

Robert O

Here's me at a standstill, waiting for a light while leading a Cascade Bike Club training series ride the other day. Right side of the seat has my hydration bladder in a Bikase XL bag. Left side has a Vincita frame bag for repair kit, snacks, pump, rolled dry bag, etc. Forward of that is a TiGr Mini titanium lock. Bullhorn bars, SRAM TT-500 shifters, and Tektro bar top levers. Ventisit Comfort pad. I'm liking this, already setting PR's against my rear drive high racer times, and feeling good after every ride!

Attachments

• highres_448744129.jpg
    highres_448744129.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 146

t.c103

That bar really seem to fit perfekt without a curved slider... comfortable and aero... After cycling season maybe its time for upgrades... a bad thing was that the seller so not ship outside US.....

Robert O

I might be looking at the curved slider after all. I did a Century today, and the inside of my left elbow is sore, think it was extended too far. We'll see.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
In the pic on Apr11 posting your arms look over extended (straight with no bend), could you extend the slider a little out of the boom to solve the sore elbow problem?

Robert O

I actually did exactly that, Emeljay. I was concerned about having enough room to slide in and out of the seat, but I determined that I was nowhere near my limit, so I ran the slider back about 3/4". Also bulked up the neckrest with an extra layer of 1/2" closed cell foam. The most I ride commuting is about 16 miles, so I'll have to wait until later in the week to see how much improvement I made. No such thing as perfect in this world, just keep working towards it!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
The position of your arms is as important as your leg extension on a Cruzbike - depending on the terrain and wether or not you want to extract the maximum performance for that terrain.

For example, if you have a lot of hills or terrain that requires more upper body, you have to seek out the proper arm extension for max power (not super extended) so all things need to be considered.

Robert

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
For example, if you have a lot of hills or terrain that requires more upper body, you have to seek out the proper arm extension for max power (not super extended) so all things need to be considered.
+ 1 - I totally agree with Robert - this is the first time I've seen this reported. I live in a hilly-mountain area to where aero is not always the most important factor to consider. I have always adjusted my handlebars with a little bend in my arms. This also helps in tight slow turns as well. I have my Vendetta purpose built for where I live. If I moved to Florida (or Minnesota where the wind is crazy) I would have to do a complete rebild.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
If I moved to Florida (or Minnesota where the wind is crazy) I would have to do a complete rebild.

When are you going to finish my carbon fiber; wind sail mount? I have the sail ready, with the mount I could be doing 30mph up 18% grades.... ship it already man :cool:

Robert O

+ 1 - I totally agree with Robert - this is the first time I've seen this reported. I live in a hilly-mountain area to where aero is not always the most important factor to consider. I have always adjusted my handlebars with a little bend in my arms. This also helps in tight slow turns as well. I have my Vendetta purpose built for where I live. If I moved to Florida (or Minnesota where the wind is crazy) I would have to do a complete rebild.
After I moved the slider out this last time, I worked out that I can have a little arm bend to relax (actually have my elbows touching my sides), and still grab the bars a little farther up to keep my arms straight and aero. Didn't have that degree of flexibility with the slider farther away from my body. Felt good today on the 16 mile ride home, just need to get out for a couple of long rides to make sure that nothing becomes an issue.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
After I moved the slider out this last time, I worked out that I can have a little arm bend to relax (actually have my elbows touching my sides), and still grab the bars a little farther up to keep my arms straight and aero. Didn't have that degree of flexibility with the slider farther away from my body. Felt good today on the 16 mile ride home, just need to get out for a couple of long rides to make sure that nothing becomes an issue.

That's about normal lots of 1-2mm tweaks; that actually one place long hours on the stationary trainer are good; you can sort those out and sit on the bike with some wrench and just keep tweaking every 15 minutes until it's perfect.

Robert O

That's about normal lots of 1-2mm tweaks; that actually one place long hours on the stationary trainer are good; you can sort those out and sit on the bike with some wrench and just keep tweaking every 15 minutes until it's perfect.
I just can't do that much trainer time, Ratz. A few years ago I took advantage of the gray, damp winter here to do some structured training on my resistance trainer with one of the DF bikes. Night after night, intervals and recovery spins, week after week. I just couldn't abide the "nowhere to go, nothing to see" nature of stationary cycling. I'd rather brave the wet and cold, not like we actually get cold up here.