My Vendetta adventure

hamishbarker

The bending stress on the brake bolt depends on the distance from the brake track to the bolt. Making a longer bolt does not change this.

What does change is the deflection at the tip of the brake bolt, since that deflection depends on the bending moment applied and the length of the bolt. So if you lock the brakes at standstill and push the bike forward, you'll see the brakes move more.

Strength should not be a problem but the decreased stiffness and resulting increased deflection may make the system feel less robust.

Has anyone ever used one of these on a Vendetta?
View attachment 896
View attachment 895
I tried to use that bottle cage holder but as it needs longer bolts to work with the V's head rest than a df seat I found that it sheare the bolts. Now I could of just used poor quality bolts I don't know too much about that but I ended up ordering the topeak cagemount ( can't seam to get the minora bottle boss to Australia without paying $50 p&h)

Ivan_Liew

If you want to have two water bottles behind your headrest consider my solution below on my Silvio 2. I previously used the Minoura single cage holder that attaches to seat rails, and considered those holders you posted above, but couldn't figure out how to angle those double cage holders that people attach to saddle rails.

image.jpg

Instead, I did manage to fit two Topeak CageMount holders to the headrest. The bottles sit just under/behind my helmet when riding so there is no obstruction. I opted for Lezyne Flow bottle cages as they have the right amount of grab, and you clip tail lights onto them. When I attach the Topeak CageMounts, I use some spacers to angle my lights so they are horizontal. They also shoot a few degrees to the left/right due to the angle of the cages. This is actually good for me as my HotShot tail lights use a very focussed beam so with this setup I get more horizontal spread!

Logged many miles and this has been a very good setup. More stable than the single bottle setup I had in my earlier build pics.