Zen MBB Master
Here are some pictures of my Vendettas.

RIMG0072.jpg; ;

RIMG0073.jpg

RIMG0050.jpg

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Wow! Built with precision!

Wow! Built with precision! Those hydroformed tubes look very light too! probably the new V is significantly lighter than the current one.

What are the short pipes just beneath the main frame where the rear stays joins the bottom of the main downtube?

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
A guess...

"What are the short pipes just beneath the main frame where the rear stays joins the bottom of the main downtube?"

If I had to guess, I would say an anchor point to assist in welding up the frame - a jig positioning point. But that's just a guess.

Looking good John!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
If I had to guess, I would

If I had to guess, I would say an anchor point to assist in welding up the frame - a jig positioning point. But that's just a guess.

Given that this bike doesn't have a bottom bracket "where it should," your guess makes a lot of sense.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Correct, the BB on a DF is

Correct, the BB on a DF is used over and over again for holding the frame while some operation or other is done. Rather than invent a whole new way of holding the frame, they all get a BB welded to them, and they all get them cut off.

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
That's a first!

You mean I was right about something? :eek: Good thing I have it publicly posted!

Dreaming about a V...

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
You know what I'd love?

I'd love to have one of these in the unpainted state. I have been wanting to do another one of these finishes and starting with a bare frame rather than having to strip paint would be a real time-saver.

alt="Haro Extreme Comp - Painted by Andrew Baloga"
OMG%20Haro%20800.jpg height: 535px; border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; margin: 5px;

I bought the frame for this bike as a complete mountain bike that needed more work than it was worth. The original finish was gone and had been previously repainted a brown/copper colour which despite being chipped and scratched, it was a pain to remove. The brushed finish was done by hand with varying levels of abrasive sheets and after masking, the blue and red candy coats were applied. After adding a few decals, the entire frame was sprayed with a two-stage urethane clearcoat.

I shouldn't have sold this one. :-(

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Inadvertent highjack

Sorry about the shameless plug for my self-percieved sense of aesthetics.

Back to the Vendettas...please.

fastpastprime

*my Vendettas*

I think one of those is mine now. So like I asked before... how many Vendettas are out there total. You avoided the question before. Is this some trade secret? I see maybe 40 and assume these are the 2.0 version. Add in two previous production runs and I'm guessing under 200 worldwide.

BentBierz

What are the short pipes just

What are the short pipes just beneath the main frame where the rear stays joins the bottom of the main downtube?

Excellent attention to detail...I looked at the frames and took absolutely no notice to these tubes!

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Correct, nearly all the

Correct, nearly all the factory frame tools presume the existence of a BB on the frame. So rather than rebuild the factory, we just add a temporary BB to the frame.