Neck rest?seat angle issues

Gary123: Maybe, Its been modified greatly to fit the StratusXC. I'm sure I could make it work, but that project bike is ready to ride gravel and dirt trails with my 13yo son who just got a new dual suspension MT bike.... YeeHa!

Certainly a thor seat will work for me on the Vendetta. It's the additional cost that bugs me on a new multi thousand dollar super bike that should be great right out of the box. If I was not already a believer in the cruzbike design and a veteran recumbent rider, I would have sent the vendetta back already asking for a refund.
That’s why I’m slightly reluctant to buy one... concerned about fit and don’t want to buy extras at that price. I’m 6’5”

Jesse Groves

My Thor seat has made it to the US and hopefully should be delivered sometime this week. I also already got the rubber block to make the front shim. My question now is, what did others use to cut the rubber block to the right shape? I am thinking a hacksaw for the big cuts and exacto-knife for the final shaping.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
My Thor seat has made it to the US and hopefully should be delivered sometime this week. I also already got the rubber block to make the front shim. My question now is, what did others use to cut the rubber block to the right shape? I am thinking a hacksaw for the big cuts and exacto-knife for the final shaping.

Bandsaw or radial arm saw if you have them.
Cut big and sand to final size with sand paper.

hack saw will work if you go slow,

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What NO heating in the garage, even when it is -10F (-23 C)!!!
How do you start your indoor training!
What gear do you wear at the start???

1happyreader

zen/child method
Is the basement BELOW the Permafrost???
In moms neighbor hood, (Chicago northrn Illinois, USA) Half basements were the norm, 4-5 feet underground allowing above ground windows and emergency exit. the one house that had a fully underground basement was more modern and had a well like enclosure dug into the ground at ? several windows to allow exit.

Jesse Groves

My Thor seat arrived today and I was working on installing it when I ran into a problem. The ribs of the seat are not far enough apart to fit over the wings at the top of the frame; that means that the seat does not contact the frame anywhere except the front mount point, and a little bit on those wings I mentioned (though not even enough to mount to).

Ratz, I have the new model frame, so maybe it has wider wings than the frames you installed your Thor seats on? Below is a picture of the wings I am talking about.

I am thinking about cutting those wings off the frame to allow the seat to fit; I am assuming that even if I decide to go back to the original seat, I would still be able to mount it without those wings and just rely on the velcro to hold the top section in place...any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

View media item 333
Also, below are some side-by-side pics of the stock seat and the Thor. You can really see in the second photo how flat the upper area is on the stock seat as compared to the Thor.

View media item 331View media item 332

Leif

My Thor seat arrived today and I was working on installing it when I ran into a problem. The ribs of the seat are not far enough apart to fit over the wings at the top of the frame; that means that the seat does not contact the frame anywhere except the front mount point, and a little bit on those wings I mentioned (though not even enough to mount to).

Ratz, I have the new model frame, so maybe it has wider wings than the frames you installed your Thor seats on? Below is a picture of the wings I am talking about.

I am thinking about cutting those wings off the frame to allow the seat to fit; I am assuming that even if I decide to go back to the original seat, I would still be able to mount it without those wings and just rely on the velcro to hold the top section in place...any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

View media item 333
Also, below are some side-by-side pics of the stock seat and the Thor. You can really see in the second photo how flat the upper area is on the stock seat as compared to the Thor.

View media item 331View media item 332

FWIW, I posted a similar question in the Silvio forum regarding the same wing mounts on the S40 and received some very helpful responses:

https://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/s40-thor-seat-modification.12080/

Winded Lowrider

Sooooo....After a 5 week trip from Poland ( through customs during the gov shutdown day) My thor seat arrived yesterday! WooHOO!

Looking at all the threads on mounting. How many mounting points, wing mounts or no wing mounts, fore aft position, shims , seat angle, and velcro....? yikes this is complex.

Feel free to weigh in with your advice/opinions on how to mount the thor seat.

I used a 1/4 inch thick piece of rubber on the lower wing mounts with pan-head bolts through the original holes. With some extra velcro along the spine of the frame and the Thor seat and it's very solid. It takes a bit of effort to pull the seat off the bike once the velcro is seated in from riding. I'm satisfied with the Adem head rest so far, after straightening the aluminum mast.

Winded Lowrider

That sounds like a good way to go. Ive got the rubber block ready to cut to size/shape. Velcro up the frame/spine works well. I may add the rubber shim to the top to set the angle and fine tune the matching of the large seat and the frame. I'm on the fence about the need to bolt the top of the seat to the frame through the holes for the neck rest/butterfly assembly...

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Keep it simple. I bolted bottom and used a large zip tie thru seat back and around frame. It's plenty solid with with dense foam rubber between frame and seat back. Looking forward to your test results good luck.