Need help building up a Silvio 1.5

beichenlaub

I just bought a Silvio 1.5 FRAME ONLY on Ebay. Now what do I do? What should I watch out for? Pitfalls? Is there a recommended parts list? I love to ride but I am not real techie as far as gears and ratios etc. I'm going to recruit a good mechanic to help me.........but I want to do it myself. Is there a manual?
Thanks,
Bob
Traverse City, MI

1happyreader

zen/child method
manual online. look at bottom of silvio page.
some of the newer gpx bottom brackets ( shimano ?) have a smaller collar diameter than the clamps on your frame.
later,,,,, bye

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Go to the main Cruzbike site;
-select, "Products";
-select, "Silvio s30";
-scroll down to find, "Silvio Resources" where you'll find PDF assembly instructions for your Silvio, videos and other resources.
That'll get you started!

beichenlaub

Go to the main Cruzbike site;
-select, "Products";
-select, "Silvio s30";
-scroll down to find, "Silvio Resources" where you'll find PDF assembly instructions for your Silvio, videos and other resources.
That'll get you started!
Even if I have a 1.5 vs a 3.o ?

Bruce B

Yes. There is a PDF file there with assembly instructions for the Silvio 1.5

There is a problem. Clicking on the link for the 1.5 brings up the general description of the S30.

Will there be a link to instructions for the S1.5 and for the S1.0 as well?

beichenlaub

Found the Silvio 1.5 Instructions.....for some reason the link kept bringing me back to the Cruzbike home page. I found it at : http://cruzbike.com/DOWNLOADS/SilvioAssemblyManual.pdf

I am in the process of putting it together but I am missing a part. It is the hanger for the derailer. Part # SV_04_00_00_04 RD Hanger. Anyone happen to have one laying around?

I am in Northern Michigan - Traverse City.

Thanks
Bob

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I am in the process of putting it together but I am missing a part. It is the hanger for the derailer. Part # SV_04_00_00_04 RD Hanger. Anyone happen to have one laying around?

Robert will need to tell us if he has any or if they are the same as the one on the Silvio 2.x series. If they are the same I have 4 or 5 in the parts bin and I could shoot one over to you from MN.

beichenlaub

Ratz
Thanks! I looked at the instructions for both bikes and it appears to be the same part. Please ship it to me, seems like a good part to have on hand. Let me know what I owe you.

Thanks Bob
I'll send you an email with my address

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there - I have been swamped building V2K's, V20's, and filling orders, but I can find you a hanger. I would need a picture of the hanger interface on your frame - there are more than one versions of the older hangers and they are not interchangeable.

Shoot me an email at support@cruzbike.com

Robert