new carbon seat - just lighter or also longer?

counterpoint

I'd rush to buy the new carbon seat but if it's the same length I don't want it. Unfortunately no info is given.

The old design is too short to attach any of the standard seat bags because they'll collide with the rear wheel. And a bike that can't transport anything bigger than an apple is a bad concept.

I installed a carbon Bacchetta seat the first chance I got and also changed the angle: much better.
Frankly, the aero gains from a ridiculously low angle are totally trumped by the handling, visibility and power delivery advantages of a more upright angle. The more stretched out I am the less I am able to push. When I really want to fly I find myself in a more crouched position where arms and legs work together.

----------
Silvio 2.1

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Yes same size

Yes the seat is the same size.

I got one to replace the seat I cranked on the Silvio crash. I weighed it; it is 1 pound lighter; thinner; and without the joint between the two halves; it's more stable in the butt pan. The holes for the water cages are welcome change; and there are hold and hardware for those that prefer permanent mounting to the headrest. Mine went on the Vendetta and the V's seat went to the Silvio to replace the cracked one.

But this won't solve your bag or angle concerns. For that, your best bet is to do what you have done; and depending on how you did it; Rick Youngblood has some excellent threads on the mounts he made for industry standard Carbon seats for his Silvio and Vendetta. The good news is those mods don't threaten Cruzbike's principles. If you look at the photos in their marketing emails you can see Rick's custom seat featured in the largest user photo in the ad. I Still think Rick should make them and sell them as a kit; or at least make a set for Robert and John to study. Having an Alternative seat can only broaden the market for the bikes.

If I get bored later in the winter I might do Rick's mod. I have 1000+ miles of power data on the Silvio 2.0 that I could easily compare to the other seat. Really just a function of time ad few other items I want to try.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
You young kids and your seat problems

Some of us have Cruzbikes where the seat is permanently welded to the frame. Back in my day, we didn't need adjustable angles or bag attachments. We just rode our bikes with our fixed seats and we liked it that way.

or...

In Soviet Russia, Cruzbike seat adjusts you.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Don't trash those old seats

The two part seat works very well if you want to pack the Silvio in a small packing case like the one below. As far as carrying apples, Plenty of room for apples and oranges too.
silviobox2.jpg
pack2.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I would be glad to make "set

I would be glad to make " set for Robert and John to study. " If they asked, but it's pretty simple and cut and dry. Different carbon seat manufactures may require minor alterations to mine. Hostel Shoppe has the best bang for the buck & butt! That is if the stock seat is not working for you...Cruzbikes new CF seat is about as inexpensive as a CF seat can get at $230. Hostel Shoppe is $265, Bachetta and Rans are into the $400's.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Hey Trplay
Didn't you have a

Hey Trplay

Didn't you have a ADEM headrest attached to your seat at one time, or am I mistaken your fine machine for another members?

Counterpoint I would very much like to see photos of your Bacchetta seat configuration.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
yep

I do have an ADEM head rest. The soft cushion part wore out (collasped). The current head rest is a shortened version of the stock head rest. I took three inches off the top end and use different foam. This allows the helmet to sit above the rest and fits better than the original stock one. It also serves as a great brace for the Apidura pack.