New Cruzbike Accessories

BJ686

Nice! Looks like you could even use this headrest set up if you have an alternative carbon seat.

Last edited:

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Nice! Looks like you could even use this headrest set up if you have an alternative carbon seat.
Yes you could. Some of the folks that's done the seat mod have retained the Cruzbike rail.

Now that's a steal for a headrest. I've purchased quite a lot of headrests from various manufacturers over the years, this is well below what you would normally pay.

I'm waiting for the new frame bag to come out.

Last edited:

BJ686

Yes you could. Some of the folks that's done the seat mod have retained the Cruzbike rail.

This is good timing for me. I have a new seat on order from Thor (trying a different size) and had contemplated using the approach you have posted in the past about hooking up an ADEM headrest to the rails. I am interested in still using the rails so I can take advantage of using them to hook up water bottles---I hadn't yet figured out a good way to hook up water bottles where the head rest is attached directly to an after market seat. Now I can just give this new headrest a try (just ordered it).

I'm waiting for the new frame bag to come out.

Agreed, I'm looking forward to this as well. Although I am going to need to first get my rear brake to the "higher" position on top of the rear triangle to make room for the bag. Tried to do this once and the barrel adjuster on my SRAM apex brake was hitting the frame. Still have to figure out how to make this work.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Just got the email. Perfect timing. I for sure want the headrest and Perez :emoji_sunglasses: clamps. Considering the utility post.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
So wait, is CruzBike finally selling the Rojo clamps? Can I finally escape the pressure of a dozen people PMing me every month asking how my hand is and if I have any more clamps left?

So wait the Perez clamps are sold as a pair and the picture shows two clampsets as in enough for two bikes. So if someone only has one bike they automatically get a spare? At $28 no one can argue ether way but it seems little confusing.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Oh and does CruzBike ship accessories to other countries? Most the the people I have on my list waiting for clamps are from outside the U.S.

BJ686

So wait the Perez clamps are sold as a pair and the picture shows two clampsets as in enough for two bikes. So if someone only has one bike they automatically get a spare?

Yeah, it was not clear to me why it says you get two. I ordered it, so I will see what I get. One of these days I'd love to get a "Trainer V20" (I think Ratz has one), so might be nice to have two. Pain in the neck taking the bike on and off a cassette driven trainer, although probably not an issue for the more experienced wrenches. Living in NC, you can still ride many days in the winter so its not like you put the bike on the trainer "for the season".

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I just ordered a USB, RojoRacing clamps and a curved slider - more handlebar experiments.

Underseat bag. So the poor old Grasshopper is going to have even less to do. But I can't bear to shoot it.

You receive 1 complete clamp not 2. My guess is the pair refers to the two points of compression for the clamp i.e. two screws. I am actually only using one of the screws. The other did not line up with the screw hole. Doesn't seem to be an issue. It is only slightly off.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
The only way the hole could be off is if we're off to the side. As long as they are in the middle it's just a matter of adjusting the spacing between the clamps.

The only way the hole could be off is if we're off to the side. As long as they are in the middle it's just a matter of adjusting the spacing between the clamps.
Thanks, I did not realize the spacing between the clamps was adjustable. I'll give it another go.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Yeah the holes could be spaced totally different from bike to bike and it would still work fine. The rod was only in the design to keep the clamps from twisting when you started to tighten them. Technically you don't even need the rod but without it, it can be a little tricky to insert the headrest rails the first time.

Yeah the holes could be spaced totally different from bike to bike and it would still work fine. The rod was only in the design to keep the clamps from twisting when you started to tighten them. Technically you don't even need the rod but without it, it can be a little tricky to insert the headrest rails the first time.
That makes perfect sense. Duh on me.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
What are the dimensions and holding volume of the CF Race Case ?
http://cruzbike.com/carbon-fiber-case
$285 692 gm with top cover on.

Are the two M5 inserts for an external bottle cage?

What are the rear tail light mounting details?

Are there any photos of the interior?

Last edited by a moderator: