New Cruzbike.com launching soon

Lucia

Administrator
Staff member
We’ve been busy behind the scenes here at Cruzbike and we are getting very close to unveiling a beautiful new website which is the next step in the evolution of the Cruzbike brand. It will be simpler, cleaner and more secure. It will be mobile and tablet friendly and better optimized for search. We hope it will also better reflect our our core values, mission and community.

I’ve worked with Magento, Expression Engine, Drupal and Wordpress in past website and e-commerce projects, but for the new Cruzbike.com, we decided to ditch the content management system and heavy e-commerce solution in favor of a very simple approach utilizing a cool new tool called Snipcart. With simple HTML markup, we’ve been able to design and build clean, beautiful (on both the front and back ends) custom pages that we think finally do the Cruzbike brand and product line justice. The coolest part (to me) is that we are totally agile with this approach - we can add and change pages quickly and are in total control of how elements on the site look and function.

I know many of you have a lot of experience when it comes to web development and will know better than I do what I’m talking about. Working for Cruzbike is pretty cool that way - we have very smart, thoughtful customers/friends! As such, I’d be grateful for your feedback when we roll out the new Cruzbike.com.

In the meantime, say your farewells to the Drupal platform and get ready for its replacements in the Cruzbike world:
  • Shopping Cart: Snipcart
  • Forum: Xenforo
  • Blog: Wordpress (okay so we didn't totally ditch the CMS)
Once we launch, I’m sure there will be typos to fix and there may be some broken links or weird quirks I’ll need to troubleshoot. If you happen upon any, drop me a line lucia@cruzbike.com. Fingers crossed for a smooth transition!

1happyreader

zen/child method
The new web site looks and works great right out of the box.
Thank you Lucia, and all others.

?? Are you accepting wish list input from rabid forum poster's ???
Maybe after you catch your breath. LOL

Later bye

Thanks all! @Jeremy S we're still trouble shooting some of the styles that control mobile display so hopefully your iPhone will be happier with it soon.
@1happyreader - yes of course! Once we catch our breath and get the high priority fixes checked off the list! :)
I do almost all my internet surfing on my iPhone and the new site is not functional on it. :eek: I really want to see the pictures of the new V20 paint job for example and cannot access them no matter what I try.

The new content is great. I love the rider profiles even if getting them to launch required more steps than I expected. Thrilled with the end bikeism campaign. Lucia if you want someone to test any fixes you make to see how they work on an iPhone let me know. I'm happy to help.

Jeremy S

Dude
All works well with iPad though.
On my iPad I have to tap links twice (because the iOS browser interprets the first tap as mouseover if there is a mouseover behavior, and the second tap as an actual click). I'm also not liking how the Forum link on the home page opens a new browser tab, which applies to mobile and desktop. By contrast the Home link in the forum navigates in place.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
I'm also not liking how the Forum link on the home page opens a new browser tab, which applies to mobile and desktop. By contrast the Home link in the forum navigates in place.

At least on iPad this can be prevented by clicking on HOME when through with the Forum. Leave it as a clickable tab at the top of Safari, then when wanting to open Forum again, click the tab to go to CB Home Page, then use the 'back' arrow to return to Forum instead of clicking on the Forum link on the home page. That way it doesn't keep opening new Browser tabs. Yea I had about 20 duplicate CB tabs before i noticed it was doing that!

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
The comparison chart on the records page between upright bikes, fixed boom recumbents and cruzbikes has Hill climbing comparable to traditional bike listed twice, one at line 6 and again on line 14.

The comparison chart, in my experience, falsely claims on line 13 that only on Cruzbikes do, "Legs contribute to steering & stability."
My legs were helping me steer and stabilise everything on two wheels I've ever ridden.
Try a track-stand on your D.F., for example, with your feet off of the pedals.
Try to steer your sport-bike quickly around a closed course, with your feet off of the footpegs.

I defer to you who have seat-time on RWD recumbent bikes as to how much or how little your legs contribute to both steering them and stability on them.

Of course to be fair, I see what you're trying to say.
Hope you see my point: steering with your whole body is what is really happening on two wheels.