New indoor track 24hr record set this past weekend

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3582/...-says-austrian-cyclist-after-smashing-24-hour

Interesting that they quote him only averaging 212 watts for the race but when he set his outdoor record a few years ago he averaged like 254 watts. Maybe he's not as strong as he was several years ago or maybe a new power meter is in use giving a lower value. 212 watts seems much more attainable for someone like me vs his previous 254 which was a pipe dream at best.

It does mention he had stomach issues during the race from the extreme position(reason #1 to ride a bent) but I doubt that would account for more then 10-15 watts lost on the average.

Bill K

Guru
Wow!
from the article:
In the crowd there also was the former 24-hour record holder, Baloh himself, who was supporting Strasser's attempt to smash his own record.
'He was really supporting me and keeping the fingers crossed for me,' Strasser says of his predecessor.

That's sportsman's ship at its very finest!

The Power2Max blog has Christoph Strasser's power meter data comparing his 2013 RAAM and 2014 RAAM here:
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica/record-record-christoph-strassers-2014-raam/
Superman territory for sure.

jond

Zen MBB Master
It does make you wonder what a clean pro rider could do over 24 hours.

But as noted the lack of money keeps it real.

An incredible effort off the charts and a new benchmark of commitment.

Sportsmanship the winner here. Respect.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
It does make you wonder what a clean pro rider could do over 24 hours.

But as noted the lack of money keeps it real.

An incredible effort off the charts and a new benchmark of commitment.

Sportsmanship the winner here. Respect.

When my friends start comparing me to actual pros I cut right in a tell them we are only fast at these long races because the field of riders willing to try them is so small. I don't know how hard Christoph trains compared to the pro tour pros but I know my efforts on a weekly basis are laughable at best when compared to them. If you had any of the top cyclists in the world train for a 24hr I feel records would be crushed. I'm happy for the most part the elitist egos of the pro tour aren't as present in the ultra world. Marko supporting Christoph to break his own record is a prefect example of how we like to roll.

I rose my avg watts for 24hrs by about 10 last time in texas lets see if I can raise it another 10 for berrego and another 10 before Sebring.