New powered wheel

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I saw this and though the same thing. It only has a non-pneumatic tire, so it might not be the smoothest ride ever, but that isn't really the point.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
some differences I see:
GEOO is vapor-product still. Just kickstarter.
Omni appears to be in production.

GEOO still has kickstarter amounts at $700 (as of today)
OMNI is $1200

GEOO looks like it installs in about 10 min?
OMNI claims 30.

GEOO is open-air design (just made that name up)
OMNI has a full disc (on Cruzbikes that's great - not sure I'd like a full disc on the front of an old-fashioned-bike)

ccf

Guru
I found the installation video on the Evelo website, so now I get it.

They do say on their website that the BB sensor is for an "alternative installation", so maybe it isn't required.

mzweili

Guru
add-e motor
not sure if it works in wet and dirt condition. I had a dynamo looking very similar, but when rolling over gravel or dirt it stopped working.
The add-e motor has the advantage of beeing very light, but is has not much power

Rampa

Guru
Well, the GEOO is certainly rotating a lot less mass, as only the small drive wheel and rim/tire are turning. The omni looks to be a hub-drive. I did wonder about out-of-true and dirt messing up the roller/rim interface.

Cool idea.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Don't like heavy batteries ... If you threw it out you could end up with a loop wheel

If anything happens to me on the Camino del Rey tomorrow , it might be worth having a powered bike. LOL

Frisard

I found the installation video on the Evelo website, so now I get it.

They do say on their website that the BB sensor is for an "alternative installation", so maybe it isn't required.
Right, you can install Pedal Assist, or the throttle. One or the other.