New product thoughts

Mwhwsmith

It's hugely exciting to see the various new product in development and also things hitting the Store.

I was just looking in the Store at the new CB Jersey and thinking what else do I need (where 'need' is a very loose term that often moves closer to 'want') ...

One genuine 'need' (for me) is a spare / replacement headrest cushion and cover. I had to cut a hole in my original when I fitted a bottle cage mount to the top of the headrest bar - and, despite trying to sew up the edges, it is gradually fraying. At some point I will need to replace it and, while I could use an old sock as a replacement, I would prefer an OEM part! It would be great if the headrest covers/cushions were an option to buy in the store?

Secondly, why no CB cycling shorts? Much as it is almost impossible to find cycling jerseys with pockets on the front (except on the CB website), it is similarly tricky to find 'bib' style shorts without the chamois. At the moment I use running shorts. If I'm ordering a jersey I would probably buy the matching shorts if it were an option.

Finally, a small boom bag would be good. It took me several weeks to find one that would fit neatly: I ended up buying a Vaude Cruiser Bag but then had to buy some new, longer velcro straps to install it on the big diameter boom (it fits really neatly under the boom and behind the headset and if great for food and an external battery for the Garmin). It's probably bigger than I really need but was close enough.

Just a few thoughts / ideas..
M

SamP

Guru
I've found some women's exercise/yoga shorts that were stretchy and form fitting without being tight and made from sweat wicking material that works pretty well. Otherwise, also wear running shorts.

LMT

The NorBack bag I found can go under the slider bar as well as the frame. As long as there is enough room between the handlebar and headset it will fit.

Also Jackroo are the suppliers of the Vite team jerseys, I've bought two of these. The cut is nice, the backs/sides are vented and the front pockets are zipped for extra security.

And took delivery of the Scrabag today, fits nicely on the bike and has loads of room to fit all manner of bike stuff. Easily takes the essentials you'd need for a day ride and then some more, a lot more. I'm going to further look at the kit I'm gonna take on PBP as I'm thinking that I'd only need this bag...