New prototype trike kit unveiled

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Interesting. Looks a little beefy. Got any weight or wheel size info or frame/seat clearance during leaning?

BentAero

The production unit won't be near as large or beefy.
There's no reason you couldn't use whatever size rear wheels you wanted.
The proto still has some things to work out, but it sure looks promising.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
whatever size rear wheels you wanted.
That is why I asked about clearance during the lean.... Can't tell from those photos if there might be clearance issues or not.

I really like the look though. That air foil beam reminds me of the Mosquito Velomobile.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
The ability to convert back and forth from two to three wheels is going to be a big plus. My guess this whole concept will be a game changer in the trike world. If it is fast and stable the tadpole trike market is in for a bit of a shock. I can even see some of the major DF companies getting in on this, assuming even a DF frame will work. Then again, I have often wondered why the British Racing Trikes never ventured beyond its small niche?

mzweili

Guru
Promissing design. The central attachment point on the brake traverse might be a little flimsy, although it has not much load to take, except when one wheel hits an obstacle (pothole or sidewalk board).

mzweili

Guru
The center fixation would have to be different for the Silvio.
Fixing it to the brake traverse would create side loads on the suspension arrangement which is not acceptable.
Fixing it to the frame under the seat might block the rear suspension.
Maybe the angular movement at this point is too small to influence the suspension.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Very different than the original one Jim road down in Florida earlier this year.
But I can also see that it will be a whole lot more stable.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Larry, just wondering why your "avatar" in your response looks just like ReklinedRider's?
Happens now and then. hold down shift-key on your keyboard; and reload the webpage to refresh the avatars in your cache.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
It would work on any bike as long as it is FWD.

You might be able to attach it to a fork so that it could work with RWD vehicles. It has brakes (which is good), but it will raise up the front end a bit, so that may be problematic.

But, yes, FWD is the way to go (both here and in general :D ).