New Quest

Jwkeller

I did not know how to adjust my new Quest. It was a trial and error situation. I first had the seat too low and my neck was at a bad angle plus the thumbscrew bolts kept loosening and the seat would slide forward. I managed to figure out, I have a chemistry degree and a masters degree in biology with an idiot degree in mechanical things, how to make the seat more vertical. Wow!! It was like riding another bike. When I returned home from riding around the neighborhood, the seat thumbscrews were loose but the seat did not slide forward. Have any Quest owners replaced the thumbscrews with regular bolts? I don't plan to fold it
, I just like the style of Cruzbike. Maybe you just have to keep checking. I really like the bike and I have put about 20-25 miles on it locally. I had a Freerider so my learning curve is small, but I am not confident in being in a lot of traffic, car or bike on a bikepath. The first bike path I am going to try is the western part of the Santa Ana trail.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Yes, I replaced the wing nuts that came with my Q with regular nuts, actually doubled them up so as not to have any come loose. I'd like to say I'm a fairly new bent rider, only started with my Q this Feb'15. What I did was experiment with the seat pan forward and back, and with the angle of the seat back many different combinations to see what I like. I also bought and installed an ADEM headrest experimenting with it when the seat back angle got low to support my neck and base of head. Google ADEM Headrest but there are other headrests also. Although I am not changing things around as much now, I have put thee headrest back on even though I have the seat back raised way up. See attached pic. Also I found that my thighs would hit the handlebar when the seat bottem was back so I now have it bolted using the second from the back hole. This as well as shifting the position indicator of the front hub to a horizontal position instead of vertical gave even more room for my thighs. See pics.
IMG_20151002_122549_947~2.jpg

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_20151002_194903_984~2.jpg
    IMG_20151002_194903_984~2.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20151002_194939_682~2.jpg
    IMG_20151002_194939_682~2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 25

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
When I returned home from riding around the neighborhood, the seat thumbscrews were loose but the seat did not slide forward. Have any Quest owners replaced the thumbscrews with regular bolts? I don't plan to fold it

I don't fold mine either. I used an Allen wrench to tighten the screws while holding the thumb part steady. It stays in place much better now. I still check it occasionally to be sure.

I did replace the quick releases on the steering mast with regular bolts, because my leg kept rubbing against the QR levers and getting irritated.