New S30 pictures?

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
The revision to the Silvio S30's frame (e.g. triangular hole, weep hole, different base-plate) is, I think, very well done.

It is a beauty that really deserves a photoshoot instead of just one image! Are there plans for that yet?

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I think Cruzbike company had a marketing dilemma when it comes to Silvio version 2/S30 verses the vendetta.

At 27 deg the Silvio 2 was not very far aerodynamically speaking from the V yet it was priced significantly less. In addition, I think the Silvio was more expensive to produce because of the sofisticated suspension system. They had to review the prices to position the V higher as the top line product and sell it(the V) more.

It's was a slightly unfortunate situation, because it essentially edged out a true general purpose road bike product line of the cruzbike whose seat angle was in the mid 30's (Silvio S30 version 2 was about 33deg seat angle). The last iteration of the S30 with no front suspension was the best had it acquired some of the S40 features.

However that, I think, is just the way business goes.

Last edited:

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
For sure the S40 looks to be cheaper to produce (I can't imagine that the suspension parts of the S30 line were in any way cheap, and they looked like they'd be annoyingly difficult to build/source). I'd bet that for most people the S40 is a better bike, especially for the money.

I just loved the S30 v2, and am curious about how many are out there. I know my dad got one..

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I just loved the S30 v2, and am curious about how many are out there. I know my dad got one..
I got one. I was ready for something more reclined than the Silvio 1.5, but 27 degrees (much less 20) was just too much for me. The 33-degree seat angle (and lighter front end) compared to the original S30 were what I was looking for.

telephd

Guru
I'm curious if anyone knows how many people got this version of the frame?

Imho, it is/was amazing.
I have one and like it better than my fully suspended S30. Id like to take a spin on the S40 but am a tad worried that the seat angle might be too steep for me.

Tohopko

One of the things holding me back from buying the last iteration of the S30 was concern about the shorter wheelbase and some of the steep climbs around my area. The S40 design added to the wheelbase, but unfortunately, the seat angle is just a bit steep for me. I'm stuck with either adding a seat adjustment to a V20, or dropping the Cruzbike dream altogether

dtseng

The rear suspension of S30 is a patented design of SPEEDONE Company in Taiwan. Therefore, I assume the frame of S30 would be manufactured in the Speedone factory.
I had a Speedone folding bike some years ago, the performance of that suspension was so so as compared to simple coil spring design.
I think a recumbent bike is good to have suspensions, particularly on the rear wheel. On a DF bike without suspension, I can sit up a little and use my knees as suspension. On a recumbent bike, your body would have to take the jab when you hit a pot hole or bump. When encountering a larger hole or obstacle, I can execute bunny hop with my DF bike.

Last edited:

dtseng

The patent for the steering column connecting the handlebar to the BB was issued in 2010. If it is valid for 20 years, then no one could sell bikes with that kind of configuration till 2030.
I hope someone would design an automated TIG welding unit which is enclosed in a chamber filled with argon gas. Based on the Trump Administration mandate, the frames can be
manufactured locally and would cut down the production cost.