New to me Qx100 with handlebar mod

joy

IMG_0867.JPG Just bought a used Qx100 to be used on gravel rail trails. Will replace my Bacchetta Att 26, which is a bit too tall for comfort. With the original bar, I felt like my V20 was easier to ride! I just didn't feel comfortable with the original bars, and I had a Bacchetta bar going unused, so on it went. Much better. Both my husband and I feel more in control with the new set up. Now I just need the trail to dry up a bit.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I had a Bacchetta bar going unused
Which size (reach and width) bar is that? I want to replace the stock bar on my Q, and I've been considering Bacchetta and Volae bars. That looks like it will do exactly what I want, which is to get the trigger shifters away from my knees.

joy

They are the bars for Giros, pre 2016. You can find them on the Bacchetta site. They have a slight flair, and measure about 21". I cut about 1.75" off the ends, leaving enough room for the brake and twist shifter.

joy

Castlerobber, I tried a different bar off another Bacchetta, that I didn't like as well. I'll take a photo of it tomorrow, and if you think it might work for you, you can have it.

joy

Castlerobber, here is a photo. It is flat on the table. No flair, just straight bar. If you think it might work, message me your mailing address and I'll send it out.IMG_0884.JPG

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Castlerobber, here is a photo. It is flat on the table. No flair, just straight bar. If you think it might work, message me your mailing address and I'll send it out.View attachment 4623
Those bars look a bit narrow for me--that's less than 18" inside to inside. I suspect I'd be introducing thigh interference. Thank you for your kind offer, though!