New V20 For Sale

Pcmousley

Photos Dropbox; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fcjrre3agrksbe3/AADm27lvtgdXZ5VQARqPg1MLa?dl=0

Hi,
After a very windy week in Lanzarote, having said that the sun is now out and blue sky everywhere, I think I have come to the the conclusion of selling the new V20, I have completed about 350 miles and will have done about 500 by the end of the week, whilst the learning curve still progress's and the 40mph barrier was got through and quite a lot of climbing the thought process has gone like this; How does the V20 fit in with my other biking and I have to say I would have preferred when on vacation that Catherine and I were on one of our tandems, I like tandem riding with the other half and I also like sportive events and feel it would be a very long time on the V before I got back to where I am on my traditional road bike for speed and handling. Catherine and I would very much like to explore further afield we cycled from the French Pyrenees to back home in the UK this year and the TriRi and the Mountain to Sea in NC but getting a fixed frame tandem anywhere is difficult so we are looking at purchasing a tandem with couplers and a Rohloff, which opens up where we can go, anywhere in the world with our own bike, but not a small purchase price, if endless money and garage room where available I would have a whole collection of bikes including the V20 but to do the ones I have justice there has to be some decision making, I will miss the comfort of the V20 very much and in these windy conditions 25/30 mph headwinds and crosswinds the choice of seating position has been fantastic.

So - For Sale one new V20 - it will be as purchased from Cruzbike and will include the seat modification, & bottom bracket bearing. It has not been in any form of learner crash or any form of advanced crash either.
It would be available in the UK during February or in the USA during March.

The steering tube has three small holes with Shimano Di2 grommets in them other than that none of the tubes, forks or frame has been modified, apart from boom trimmed by approx 2" and fork top steering tube (that seemed to come in very tall in the new V20) if you prefer the steering tube drink bottle underneath and you don't want to use the Di2 grommets then three blanking grommets would make them pretty invisible.

So a offer around $2000 plus shipping at cost would secure the frame set etc.
I
If you want the whole bike as is, the Mavic wheels would be one grade down, price ???

Any interest pcmousley@aol.com

Photos at Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fcjrre3agrksbe3/AADm27lvtgdXZ5VQARqPg1MLa?dl=0

currystomper

Ooo Very tempted

I must say that that I am very tempted...

I just wonder about the lack of suspension on British roads!!

CS

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Quick someone buy that thing

Quick someone buy that thing and save me....

CS, the lack of suspension probably won't kill you; the V20 has a long wheel base and that tends to smooth things out. I ride 100 mile rides on our lunar chipseal without a problem. It's not as silent smooth as the Silvio but it's certainly comfortable.

Pcmousley

V20 Sale

Currystomper
A lot of our roads are in a mess in the UK whatever bike you're on, the thing I was concerned with prior to riding a V was the vision for potholes etc but found this not a problem, I cannot begin to tell you the difference of being able to alter the seat angle at any time, this certainly helps things if the road is rough as it gets you more on your butt than back. I keep looking at it wishing I could keep the V and all my others and buy the new tandem but something has to give, and something would end up mostly on the rack in the garage and that's always the waste of a good bike.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
...A note on chipseal and bad

...A note on chipseal and bad roads - Tire choice will make a huge difference.

Bob uses tubeless and I use wider low pressure supple tires to combat bad roads, believe me we have rough roads here in the US too. These tires will make the biggest difference in ride quality on bad roads.

Wannabe

I am very interested. I would

I am very interested. I would also have the money by March!

ratz

on more off the main topic

Ah this is drifting off the sales topic. But for those wondering about British roads. I have lived in West London; and travelled a lot between london and Kelso Scotland. I now live in Minneapolis. Our roads here are comparable to British roads in both chipseal and in pot holes. The difference is these are much wider and lack the Stone fences and mud shoulders. I would have no problem riding the V20 or S30 on British roads. The long wheel base of the V20 with 25mm tires run at a reasonable pressure is not bone jarring; you feel the road but not in a bad way. On a S30 you'd never feel it. Switch to tubless and it only gets better. For the record I do find the Ventisit pad makes me more stable on rouch surfaces; I slide around a bit on the stock pads, but I'm not the smallest short guy out there.

For the narrow road; the seat mod on this bike makes this almost a silver bullet for a go fast UK recumbent.

Wannabe

ratz please

please explain... "For the narrow road; the seat mod on this bike makes this almost a silver bullet for a go fast UK recumbent."

Pcmousley

V20 Sold

Ratz and Wannabe,
Ratz you can breathe a sigh of relief the complete bike sold to the first inquirer, it will be going to a American guy living in Northern France, in a peculiar way I shall miss it but then if you are into bikes it's easy to love them all.

Ratz with your far greater experience perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining to Wannabe the seat deal.

With my brief acquaintance of the Cruzbike world I hope the seat modification lives on, I truly wish Jim and or Maria could have tried it, the sheer speed in which it shifts from one position to the other was great, and all the climbs here in Lanzarote you could press against it with all you've got and in its upright position it was rock solid.

Hopefully one one day there may be another out there with the mod or maybe Cruzbike themselves might offer it.

Keep it all on the black stuff.

Phillip

ratz

I think picture work for that

I think picture work for that phillip.

Some roads just aren't made laying down on the job

images.jpeg height:184px; width:275px
article-1344949-0CAD975E000005DC-328_468x286.jpg height:286px; width:468px
Cheddar_Gorge%2C_Somerset%2C_UK_-_Diliff.jpg height:504px

Situations like that abound in some city and rural areas. Being up at 30 degree would be advantage not from the control standpoint but from the ability to look around 270 degrees quicker and easier.

currystomper

Glad it gone to good home..

I glad it has sold and gone to a good home, I did enquire to my finance officer and she wasn't agreeable to further spending on laid back bikes. It did try and explain that it was a "time trial" bike as this is an area of interest!

So, I think it I will have to stay with my S1.5 for the time being, however if I did get a more laid back Cruzbike, I think I would like to have the raising seat technology as I do like to Cruz around and look at things some of the time!!

CS