New Vendetta V20

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
You can start the "laid back transition" by setting the seat angle on your X down, but you will need to get a head rest if you don't already have one on the X. An easy one to put on would be an ADEM HEADREST. You can even turn the seat tube bend down to get a much lower seat angle on the X.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Cyclists I talk to about converting to a Vendetta generally assume the time and effort it takes to learn to ride a Vendetta is a downside. I remind them that their aging brains most likely benefit from learning something new and demanding. Like learning to play a musical instrument or learning a new language - although neither of those will scare the crap out if you as you white knuckle it and spin out-of-control down your first big hill.

DavidJL

I am probably going to leave the seat on the QX100 at 45 degrees, and use this bike for casual around-town riding. As far as learning new skills, I took up bass guitar six years ago, and have been using inline skates for several years now, and now, riding a bike with a moving bottom bracket. If I can get a frameset, I could raid my DF road bike for the components. There is something to be said for being able to smoke DF riders. Biggest fear I have with skinnier tires is getting caught in a crack in the pavement. It isn't easy finding a used Vendetta, though. My QX100 is the only Cruzbike I have ever seen in real life. Right now I have a seat post rack on the back. Is tiller steering all right, because I would have to put a longer stem to be able to reach the bars if I try to radically recline the seat? I have rather short arms and can just comfortably reach the bars with seat at 45 degrees. After more miles on bike, I do plan to move seat back to a slightly lower position. There is a thread on a guy who created what he called a "Verdetta" out of a Quest bike.