No Hands!

Ivan

Guru
I am pleased! After 8 months with Silvio I suddenly noticed I felt smoother and faster. I tried some bridging and managed to eke out a bit more speed on climbs. Then I tried practicing no hands riding when there were no cars behind me...

Yippee! I managed 100 metres a few times with no hands today for the first time today! Some more practice and hopefully I can do this confidently. Will come in handy when eating on the bike, and overall I am more steady.

Jeremy S

Dude
Cool stuff Ivan. I still

Cool stuff Ivan. I still can't do that (but I think you've been riding a lot more than me).

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
On Saturday (while riding

On Saturday (while riding with a dozen recumbents), we saw a guy riding a DF who was sitting up and juggling.

I think I can do that on a Cruzbike. I'll report back soon. (Or my wife will report that I've tried and failed. :D).

p.s. For what it's worth, I find it much easier to ride with no hands climbing a grade. I don't like doing it going down hill...

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Well done Ivan. It's just a

Well done Ivan. It's just a matter of practice and it will become second nature. It actually is easier than on a DF.

On private roads, I can ride figure 8's and even U turns hands free. I also can descend 2-5% grades at 30+KM/h hands free. With a bit of a wobble, I can even start hands free on gentle inclines. It can be addictive but I avoid doing hands free on busy roads for safety reasons.

Take care, be safe and enjoy!

Shahmatt

On my conversion, if I go

Nowadays on my conversion, if I go slow at a gentle pace, I can usually keep going on for a very long time with no hands.

Up the road, wide U turn, down the road, wide U turn, and sometimes wide figure 8's.

I wonder if this is easier to do with Cruzbikes with lower BBs.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
How Do You Do It?

Are you guys boasting or lying or what?

My hands are solidly attached to my arms.
In fact, they grew together that way
-and I'm never, ever going to even consider doing anything,
let alone ride a bike,
with
no
hands.

Geeze.

-Steve

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
If you are coasting, you can

If you are coasting, you can keep your legs steady and steer. Which ever knee is higher, you can move that left and right to keep balance.

Ivan

Guru
Hmmm... I can't coast yet. I

Hmmm... I can't coast yet. I have to be pedalling steadily to balance. But I will try that John! Thanks...

Will report when I am up to ak-tux's proficiency! :)