(Not quite) 100 Miles of Mayhem

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Participated in a fund-raiser ride for the local physical-rehabilitation center this past Saturday. The 100 Miles of Mayhem had been my first "event" ride after buying the Silvio last summer, so I wanted to try it again with more than eight weeks' experience on the bike.

I met up with @ReklinedRider, who was signed up for the 50-mile route. We rode the first 14-ish miles together while I admired his new Vendetta, before I turned around to finish the 30 miles I'd planned on. I somehow missed the turn to the rest stop, tacking on another 5 hilly miles by the time I got back on course.

Managed 36.4 mph down Cavalier Hill, a half-mile at 4-5% grade--no pedaling, no braking, no white knuckles:cool:. A couple of miles' worth of washboard pavement later in the ride made me glad the Silvio has front suspension and 28mm tires.

Saw only one or two other two-wheeled 'bents, but there was a gaggle (flock? mob?:p) of Catrike and Greenspeed tadpole trikes bringing up the rear of the ride.

Cruzbikes at 100 Miles of Mayhem 2016.jpg
Representing the tribe

Nice way to spend a Saturday morning, all in all.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
A couple of miles' worth of washboard pavement later in the ride made me glad the Silvio has front suspension and 28mm tires. Saw only one or two other two-wheeled 'bents said:
gaggle (flock? mob?:p) of Catrike and Greenspeed tadpole trikes[/B] bringing up the rear of the ride.

View attachment 2721
Representing the tribe

I think a GAGGLE of trikes is the best description, as they woddle around so much!!!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master

Indeed it was, very nice. Good weather, good folks, good route, although like castletobber said, there were a few sections that were rough on a recumbent. I was wishing for my Sofrider on those, but oh so happy on the Vendetta everywhere else.

Only saw one other 2 wheeled 'bent, a Rans Rifle, but the 'gaggle' of trikes in their own paceline was something to see. Mind, I'm not now nor will I ever look down on a trike
(.....oh, THERE you are!:p); I've been passed over the years by too many of them like I was standing still.

It was also nice getting to ride along w another CB; wish castlerobber had done the 50 because I know she could...after all when I got to the finish at the sponsoring LBS (The Bike Crossing), she was strolling around fresh as a daisy!

All in all a nice ride for a good cause (Mississippi Methodist Rehabilitation Center).

Next up(Saturday): The Tour d'Attala cycling club's ride in and around Kosciusko, Miss. and up the Natchez Trace to benefit the Gary Holdiness bike safety organization. Come on down, it'll be fun! (And hot!o_O:mad:o_O)