NY Dealer

Miguelito

I just read the blog post about Cruzbike dealers.

I had contacted the dealer near Prospect Park in Brooklyn a month or two ago as I was going to be travelling through NY and wanted to stop by to see a Cruzbike. He told me that it would cost $100 to test ride one as he had to spend his time taking me out to the park. I understand that. It turned out, though, that the weather forecast was not good so I would not be able to take a test ride. I asked about coming by to just look at the bike in his shop and he told me he would charge me $100 to do that also!

He claimed that if I wanted to look at the bike he would have to devote his time to helping me and could not do other things so I had to compensate him for his time. I have never heard of a bike dealer, or any other person with a store front selling anything, doing anything like that. Again, I understand that if he spent time showing me the bike and teaching me to ride it in Prospect Park he could expect compensation, but for visiting his shop and looking at the products he was selling?

I can't imagine that Cruzbike expects this kind of behavior from its dealers. Certainly makes one wonder what standards the company applies to its dealers.

Miguelito

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize he doesn't have a shop. I still maintain that a fee for a test ride and lesson can be justified but not one for just looking at the product.