One-piece speed and cadence sensor unit on Vendetta?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
The speed sensor keeps the

The speed sensor keeps the gps record keeping going when the gps signal is lost due to tree coverage.

On the descent from Falls Creek to Mt Beauty, the gps kept stopping, due to a very winding narrow road with lots of overhead tree cover, so the distance covered was only 1/10th of the actual.

At Mt Beauty, I adjusted the Garman cadence /speed sensor on the Quest, so I received the speed reading flashing green light.
I had knocked the magnet on the spoke out of position.
On the next pass over Tawonga Gap, I had no GPS recording problems.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
New Sensor Goodness

Looks like we now have two magnet-less cadence sensors options; and a magnet-less speed sensor. This is should be a welcome development for Vendetta and Silvio riders.

Garmins Magnetless Sensors review

We have the wahoo one on the wife's Silvio it works good. That speed sensor looks attractive; I tend to bump my speed sensor at times mounting the bike or it vibrates out of position so I'll probably give that garmin ago.

Ivan

Guru
The new cadence and speed

The new cadence and speed sensors for Garmin Edge have NO MAGNETS and work instead by embedded accelerometers. The speed sensor straps around the hub. Darn clever! Relevant for our Cruzbikes cos now alignment with magnets on spokes or with transmitter on chain stay is a non-issue. Unfortunately it's of course ANT+ and not Bluetooth Smart.

-----

Duuuh!! Just saw that Ratz posted the same already above!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Wahoo ANT+ Cadence and speed

Wahoo ANT+ Cadence and speed sensor fits a Silvio with 100 mm extension and 153 mm cranks with lots of spare cable.

http://www.pushys.com.au/wahoo-fitness-ant-speed-cadence-sensor.html?CAWELAID=120143430000128451&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120143430000175915&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAiA4YGjBRDOxa3XvfTnvSASJACC3bLB8nK_uG68CbxTpByfvNHwrvQ0lYvRNDc4VTGUvMBeuRoC_hrw_wcB

jond

Zen MBB Master
dc rainmaker

in the review of the magnetless garmin sensors the rain man talks about the new wahoo sensor being magnet free and has the ability to co-habit with your shoe. how portable is that and all for $50. thankyou dc rainmaker.

Ifan Payne

I have never ridden a recumbent and I only got my Silvio a week ago. All this is new to me and my longest ride so far on the Silvio is only 38 miles with 1750 feet of climbing (although there were half a dozen hills with 6% to 7% gradients so I did get a good workout). However, I can contribute to this thread.

I have used the Cycleops, now Powertap, Jules GPS for a number of years http://www.amazon.com/PowerTap-Joul...1436753367&sr=8-1&keywords=cycleops+joule+gps

It gives me everything I need on one (very configurable) display: speed, miles ridden, time ridden, cadence, heart rate, % gradient, all, as I say, on one display, with the clock time, temperature and compass along the top of the display and I can scroll though the maxima and averages of all the data along the bottom. It will also display power but I don't use it. I just need to know my heart rate which I can relate it to my effort and know when to back off.

Anyway, you can imagine my dismay when I discovered that the idiosyncrasies of the Sivlio frame precluded the use of the Powertap speed and cadence sensors. However, this loss turned into a considerable gain when I discovered the Garmin Ant+ Garmin Bike Speed Sensor and Cadence Sensor http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JM6DKUA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Brilliant! They integrate perfectly with the Sivio frame. The speed sensor wraps around the hub, the cadence sensor attaches to the crank, and the Powertap Heart Sensor attaches, as always, to my chest and the whole system worked perfectly on the 38 mile ride.

As for the power data, I'll leave power to the boy racers to compare their wattage to Contador and Kitel. At my age, I'm just happy that I can get out of bed each day and check that my heart is still beating :)

Garmin speed sensor.jpg
Speed sensor wrapped around hub

Garmin cadence sensor.jpg

Cadence sensor attached to crank