One - Q.... Two - Q.... 3 more to go.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The Quest Project is coming along nicely. How many MBB can you find in this picture?

mbb-stable.jpg

After some fiddling we got both the Quests seat angles locked in at 43deg which makes jumping between the two sizes feel about the same ergo wise.

I did need to lower the gearing on the 559 some of the trails around here necessitated a 11-34T in order to pull the 70lbs trailer up the hill. For comparison the 451 pulls the trailer up those some hills no problem. We tried the 32T, but our Daughter still had to walk a couple hills when she lost her momentum and stalled. The 34T cassette fits on ok but the shifting isn't quite as smooth, but nothing major. Changing the tire will be harder, but not a show stopper.

how-low-can-yougo.jpg

Next up is rehabbing the other version 1 frame. I haven't decided yet, but that one might get a N360 and possibly a schulmpf. I need to calculate the weight and the Gear Inches and make a decision soon so I can get the hubs ordered and have wheels made. That one will definitely get 451 tubeless velocity rims. Now if I just wasn't so slow at the rehabs; they are easy, but time consuming rust removal and painting takes time. I still want to finish up before the sale on new Quests ends so I'm sure which sizes to order, not sure we are going to make it. It does look like only the daughter prefers the bigger wheels so perhaps that answer the what to order question.

WOB

Thus far the Quest…

...has been nothing but wonderful!

I've been woefully remiss in follow-up [out riding too much?] as a follow-up to my post #3 at http://cruzbike.com/34-tooth-cassette-recommendation. Snapped up the 11-36 Sunrace casette last fall which has worked perfectly [& shifts more smoothly than did SRAM 11-34 PG950]. Unfortunately seems to be out of stock at Amazon for the moment.

In combination with 40-559 Marathon Racers it is reasonably quick & splendidly versatile. If anything, I'd now only wish for a higher top end !!! ;-) Perhaps via a 2nd, 53T chainring [which would nearly give the same gearing to a 451 wheel set that I currently have with the 559s...]

Will strive to be more forthcoming going forward i.e., after today's ride...

ratz

And then there where 8....

3 Cruzbike boxes in the Garage. Time to grab a wrench and go play. They aren't all staying here two depart with out of state family memember; but I think we'll need a photo moment with all 8 in the group shot before that happens.

ratz

Yes my wife is still speaking to me.....sort of.

I came home friday to this:

stable%202.jpg

And it turned into this on Sunday:

stable%201.jpg

They are not all staying here with us, but it does still answer the question about why we don't have a boat.

I'm amending the formula about bikes; the correct number is n+3 where n is the number of children you have.

Vargas

I love that picture!!!
The

I love that picture!!!

The first picture with the five FWD MBBs and 7 helmets hanging on the wall made me think at least two bikes where missing. Now the picture is complete!

My sincere congratulations. There is nothing like going out with the family for a pedal!

ratz

Get the Quest out of Dodge

Finally getting some mud on those Orange Frames

Load them up and ready to go.

KartingAround%204.jpg

Take a Token Silvio along too....

KartingAround%205.jpg

Tired and muddy time for a snack

KartingAround%203.jpg

That lineup stops everyone that walks past.

KartingAround%202.jpg

Don't hit the tree; things fall out.

KartingAround%201.jpg

ratz

Should have mentiioned

That's a small branch from the tree in question. Weather around here is seriously cramping our riding; all my river crossing routes are closed, the "Scenic road" is now the "Scenic River". Everything is muddy; took forever to get the Quest orange again at the end of the days. Surprisingly non of the kids wanted to help :) But it was fun; I managed two lake laps with the trailer in the time that the wife did 8 on the Silvio.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Fantastic!!
The garage looks

Fantastic!!

The garage looks like a Cruzbike showroom.

When the Ratz pack are out on the bike path, you gotta-B turning heads!

ratz

Yes and ...

When everyone else is doing 15-25 ; and I'm doing 9 with the trailer, I get to answer all the questions people think up when the kids buzz by them. That range from good indepth ones to the usual; "is that really more comfortable"....

This weekend was fun; because we where riding a 6.2 mile loop; you get to see the same people multiple times as they go the other direction. I need Cards to hand out with the website info..