Ouch

nobrakes

nobrakes

Well, the last email from Garmin appears to suggest they will exchange both pedals for a very low fixed fee. I’ve asked for clarification to make sure I understand them correctly, but if that’s the case it is fantastic news!

Well, the last email from Garmin appears to suggest they will exchange both pedals for a very low fixed fee. I’ve asked for clarification to make sure I understand them correctly, but if that’s the case it is fantastic news!

That's promising. I was a little worried as I am lusting after some power meter pedals (more likely going Powertap P1s) but it's not going to happen anytime soon. I know many carbon wheel manufacturer offer half price crash replacement. Also it sounds like a design flaw that one crash would destroy $700+ worth of pedal.

nobrakes

Yes, if they are paired at the factory and are then unable to swap around that seems like and odd design choice. If they replace both though, that is more than you could really ask for given the circumstances. They’re nothing like a solid pair of SPDs though, I’m terms of durability. I would go hub route if I were to do it again.

GetBent

No just cheap skateboard pads with hard plastic. In winter I don't bother if I wear a jacket

Glad to see I am not the only one. I feel like a total dork wearing them, but at least in the winter, they aren't as obvious. Are there better options?

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
I also have an orange goalie jersey with elbow pads that i wear occasionally. Wish it had a front pockets

jond

Zen MBB Master
That's promising. I was a little worried as I am lusting after some power meter pedals (more likely going Powertap P1s) but it's not going to happen anytime soon. I know many carbon wheel manufacturer offer half price crash replacement. Also it sounds like a design flaw that one crash would destroy $700+ worth of pedal.

Barry that’s why I stick to the power tap hubs. Proven and protected. I have two one in a training wheel and one in an enve wheel. Changed out bearings myself on training wheel. Must have 50k on hub at least. On third rim.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well oddly enough all my falls have been on the left side. Not sure what that means. I wonder if statistically that is common amongst cyclists? So when I get this crank arm power meter... it's going on the right side :rolleyes:

After watching Phil Gaimon's efforts, this year will be big hill training. Well quite a bit of it.

Only one serious fall on a bent for me, and that was the first day I ever rode one, on a taster session at a local dealer. User error on a slippy road I think, I still have the scar on my right ankle bone where I took all the skin off through two pairs of socks. Found the socks in a drawer the other day as well :). I ended up sliding along on helmet/shoulder/hip/ankle. Remarkably the jacket and merino undershirt were unscathed as were the long winter tights.

Punctures on bents, only two so far, both on the M5, rear was a longitudinal pothole, and I heard it go. The tyre was flat within 25 yards and was a right PITA to sort with a very tight tyre on the rim and a 135mm hub in a 132mm sprung rear dropout. The front was on a Schwalbe M+, never did find the culprit, but it was much slower and the handling went really mushy before anything bad happened.