Outgunned

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Its been two and a'half weeks since I had a knee issue. I have been stretching every day and doing knee strengthening exercises. It's essentially a recovery ride every day and I have felt better not clipping in but just going plain idle on a DF that's lighter than my MTB.

So today is the day I went out on the V. I got the heart to 132 beats per minute and I thought I would stay there for most of the ride and see how I would do. That's quite fast on the V going in the range of 35 to 40 kph. Depending on the wind. Since I have been on a sugar diet I haven't needed to gulp down breakfast but today I was hungry and the sun was out and the wind not so harsh.

I overtook a bunch of cyclists coming back from their run and flew by a police car (not so fast).

Had the breakfast... I felt really good and love the Spanish coffee. Then started to head out going against the wind a bit.

I saw a roadie quite far in front giving it some and he was resting right down on his bars. I wondered if I could take him before the circular, so I started ramping the V up... Great beam of bliss endured. Holly f'ing mackerel - I did it - but then I noticed something coming up behind me equally fast. It looked like a silver bullet. Completely aero and a lowdown recumbent. It didn't look like a trike. It was something like an aerovelo or a velomobile.

All I could see was the riders oakley's sunglasses and the sun reflecting off the immaculate silver shell. Just made me laugh even more. The bullet took me after the circular.

The seafront is turning out to be a dragster run for bicycles. I would love to know what it was? He was heading for Los Urrutias.

I waved and he beeped his electro horn ... He looked pretty encased...

Last edited:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I have lost track of the speed and I don't think it's because I have got to the event horizon either.

Deep rims take the place of the little magnet used by the speed sensor so I have GPS speed which sucks.

So I guess I will have to buy a new speed sensor just for the deep rim wheel. :mad:

Come to think of it Bob was testing the new wahoo speed sensor so I wonder if that would work on deep rims?