Packing a V20

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Couldn't be better timing.
I'll need to be packing mine up to ship to Utah in Aug.

Can you send me (or post) the "packing list" of supplies you get for this?

jond

Zen MBB Master
ha ha robert very good but you must slow down you work too hard. ride more and stop falling asleep on top of cruzbikes......sheesh. must be terrible when you wake up interstate or overseas in a couriers van. seriously great to see the care taken with the bikes. great stuff thanks for sharing.

Alan W Dolbeer

Great video Robert. Thanks. That bike looks great as well. Now I am really looking forward to receiving my V20 in the near future.

Suz

Robert speaking of the box. Do you ever re-use them? Or recommend it? Not sure what to do with mine and hate to dump it in the trash.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Suz,

:)

Yes the box can be reused if you like. It would take a bit of putting back together but it has been done.

Reactions: Suz

Opik

I'll need to be packing a yellow vendetta to bring on a plane in March.

Can you send me (or post) the "packing list" of supplies you get for this? and have a slower motion video for explanations?

or is there a more compact way to bring it on airplanes with the usual bike box? whats the dimension?

Enid

You won't be able to bring a box that big on an airplane. You will need to completely disassemble the bike. and use an airplane legal box.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
depending on the airline. i get my v into a hard case that is accepted on all domestics by alaska and a few others.i think i would make a smaller one out of coroplast, but i just use it as my suitcase too. perfect for 3 weeks, even bringing nice clothes.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
mine is a b& w. the only things i don't like about it are the wheels don't spin, and the handle broke off. but i just made a better handle and used the same mounting bolts. there are a couple otheres i know work pretty well, i think there are a couple threads on it. do a search.

what pisses me off is that many domestic carriers overcharge for a bike. delta and united for example. it sucks. so sometimes i have to go to chicago to catch a different airline.

Enid

Thanks once again. So, I found a case online. A V20 can definitely fit in a standard case? If so, I'm sold.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
This is the same case I use. In fact, I put all of my clothes in it too, and sometimes an extra wheelset