Park Tool PCS-1 Bike Maintenance Stand

Rposar

Does anyone have any experience with the Park Tool PCS-1 stand. Will it work to make adjustments to Silvio and Vendetta?

Tuloose

Guru
I use a Park PCS-10.
It works

I use a Park PCS-10.
It works fine for me.
Easy to adjust, sturdy and folds down if needed.
I hang it by the feet from the 2x4 trusses on my open garage ceiling.

IMG_1571(1).JPG

counterpoint

I used to own the PCS-10

I used to own the PCS-10 but it got on my nerves because it takes up so much space. Wish I had such a tall garage. At some point I decided to let the shop take care of my bike issues.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
All bike stands by their very

All bike stands by their very nature are going to take up space, some more than others. I bought the PCS-10 for 2 reasons:
  • Clamp jaw opening was larger and the clamp more robust
  • It folds up very compactly when not in use
click for larger image

This is how I transport mine to bike events. I fold the legs using the quick release and depressing the ball spring detents, remove the jaws with a few quick turns and then I usually stick it across the floorboards behind my front seats or stick it in the back cargo area with the bike.

In the photo above, the clamp assembly is just sitting on the carpet under the clamp receiver assembly. With the tripod brace holding up the receiver assembly, the clamp fits perfectly under here to get rid of the "L" shape you would have if you left the clamp assembly installed when the stand is folded.

I think Park Tools sells a carry bag for it too, not sure. If not, it would be easy enough to make one.

-Eric

billyk

Guru
what's that black thing holding the front wheel?

What's that black thing holding the front wheel?

Is it just a support or is it a ride-able trainer? Or is it maybe not for real riding, but enough that you can work on/test/adjust the drive train?

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
EZ Bike Stand. Very handy and

EZ Bike Stand. Very handy and has held up my Vendetta in pretty strong breezes when on a flat hard surface. The bike did fall over once when I tried to use it on the grass.

http://ezbikeproducts.com/

I really like it.

-Eric

Tuloose

Guru
Good shots of the PCS-10

Good shots of the PCS-10 Eric.
I have had our Rans Screamer tandem clamped in it's jaws.
The Screamer is 8' long, weighs about 55 lbs and it's top tube diameter is 2 inches so this is one versatile and sturdy stand for the home mechanic.
As far as storing it goes it can be folded down as you illustrate but I have found there is a distinct storage advantage to having an unfinished interior in my garage :)

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
EZ Bike Stand

I'll vouch for the EZ bike stand too. Very stable and the best I've found so far. Great at holding up even a very heavy front end like a Cruzbike (as shown in Eric's pics).

The PCS-10 is on my birthday/Christmas wish list. My wife may think it a tad too dorky though ;-)

km