People who inspire you try harder

thwaters

Definitely off-cycling topic, but one I had to share. I had a student who defiantly refuses to let her blindness get in the way of her athletic ability. Just like a champion cyclist, Charlotte Brown pours herself into everything she does, and guts it out! Charlotte, who is blind, just won 3rd place in the pole vault in her 4A high school class at the Texas State meet. She also helped set a school record in the 440 relay, using beepers to help keep her in the lane on the track. Need I mention that she is also near the top of her class academically, and has an athletic scholarship to Purdue for track? She made national news, and deserves every bit of it.
22401_841266782634239_7671959975475545408_n.jpg

Suz

Truly inspiring. Thanks for sharing. I wish she could see how impressive her arm muscles are!! :)

thwaters

Even more inspiring is her attitude! Nothing fazes her or slows her down. She seems always upbeat, excited for the future! Her whole family is amazing. Co-taught science with her mother, dad used to be a computer programmer with Microsoft in the Seattle area, her two older brothers, whom I also had the privilege of "teaching", were straight A students and superb athletes! Positive attitudes all around. Reminds you two recent Cruzbike race winners, doesn't it?

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Profoundly inspiring.

I was a gymnast and spring board diver at her age. One of my diving teammates on the women's team was born without any arms. Your description of Charlotte sounds a lot like my old teammate. One of the sweetest and brightest persons I've ever known. Always upbeat and positive and a pretty darn good diver too.

thwaters

Charlotte's story made the BBC world news (on their website). Unfortunately, so did the "biker shoot-out" in Texas. Guess I'll try to avoid cycling through Waco, Tx. They may not be "biker friendly!"