pinch flat

defjack

Zen MBB Master
Got one today first one on Silvio. Pumped up the tire to 100 lbs in morning hit a bad ledge in driveway then 10 miles later front tire was flat.I think 120 might be better now. Turning bike upside down makes getting the wheel off a breeze. Jack

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: Got one today first one on Silvio. Pumped up the tire to 100 lbs in morning hit a bad ledge in driveway then 10 miles later front tire was flat.I think 120 might be better now. Turning bike upside down makes getting the wheel off a breeze. Jack

Usually, a pinch flat goes right now. 120 will ride like a lumber wagon, IMHO.

Mark

defjack

Zen MBB Master
23 Gatorskins.Didn't hit anything when the tire went flat checked the tube and found 2 holes.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
defjack wrote: 23 Gatorskins.Didn't hit anything when the tire went flat checked the tube and found 2 holes.

Well, I guess the pinch could have just creased the rubber and it let loose later. I'm not saying it wasn't a pinch flat, I'm just saying that usually when you pinch flat, it goes immediately. You were lucky to go ten more miles!

I had a flat on my bike when I got ready to ride home from work. Couldn't find anything in the tire itself. Checked the tube and it was on the inside, against the rim tape.. Rim tape is perfect. Maybe the tube just got tired and packed it in.

Mark